D.C. may need short-term debt as congressional delays continue
- (CONGRESS) Congress OKs New Short-Term Spending Bill. // Community Health Funding Week;3/18/2011, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has approved the HJ Res. 48, which keeps the government running at current funding levels through April 8, 2011 alongwith the U.S. House.
- Stop-gap measure extends funding through March 18. // AHA News;3/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the approval given by the U.S. Senate to a continuing resolution funding for federal programs through March 18, 2011 amid a reduction in spending by four billion U.S. dollars.
- Senate races to finish spending bills. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p1
The article reports on the struggle of U.S. Senate leaders to pass all spending bills for 2010 before September 30, 2009, which is the end of the 2009 fiscal year, in the U.S.
- Senate Agrees To Bloated Transport Bill. // Human Events;10/20/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 38, p23
Provides information on the adoption of the United States Senate for the final version of the Department of Transportation Appropriations Act. Factor driving the Senate action to the bill; Significance of the bill; Stand of Senator Russ Feingold, D.-Wis.
- Voucher Fight Again Delays Fiscal '04 Appropriations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p4
Reports on the plan of Senate leaders to add the District of Columbia spending bill to an omnibus bill that would consolidate appropriations measures passed by the Congress for fiscal 2003 in the U.S. Creation of federally funded school-choice voucher program; Combination of operation and...
- Senate OKs $91 Billion Treasury, Transportation Spending Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p41
Reports on the approval of the Senate of the Fiscal 2004 spending bill for the Transportation and Treasury departments in the U.S. Allocation of funding for highway construction; Establishment of airport improvement programs; Provision of funds for railroads.
- Senate Panel OKs $32.1 Billion HUD Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p4
Reports the approval of proposed appropriation plan in spending for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development by the Senate Appropriations Committee. Amount of approved budget; Inclusion of wastewater state revolving laon funds in the approved plan; Approval of funding for community...
- Sen. Baucus Seeks $160B Stimulus, But Republicans Will Likely Disagree. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31538, p5
Reports on various inclusions of the stimulus package which was introduced by Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus, Democrat from Montana on December 2002. Reasons behind remote chances of approval of the package; Proposed implications of the package; Proposal to issue taxable...
- HEW APPROPRIATIONS BILL. Klein, Herbert G. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1970, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the U.S. Senate's deferred action in December 1969 on an appropriations bill required to provide operating money for the Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, the Dept. of Labor and the Office of Economic Opportunity. Federally-impacted areas; Maldistribution of resources; Impact...