Senate fails to bust through roadblock to ISTEA bill
- Senate Panel Approve Five-Month Extension of TEA-21. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p5
Reports on the approval of the extension of Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century by the U.S. Senate committees. Importance of the legislation; Expiration date of the legislation; Design on the short-term extension of the legislation.
- The Senate approved the fiscal 1999 Transportation... // Contractor Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the approval of fiscal 1999 Transportation Appropriations bill by the United States Senate. Details on the bill; Reference to the US House Appropriations Committee's version of the Department of Transportation's 1999 spending bill.
- Senate Passes Transportation Bill, Urges House Action. // Material Handling Management Exclusive Insight;3/14/2012, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Senate approval of the transportation and infrastructure bill, Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act ( MAP-21 Act).
- TIFIA Would Get $1B Annually as Part of Senate Bill. DENNIS MOORE // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p4
The article reports that the leaders of the U.S. Senate transportation committee have agreed to fund the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program, as part of a six year highway and transit funding bill which is expected to be introduced in June 2011 in the U.S.
- Senate easily clears funds for transportation. // Human Events;10/04/96, Vol. 52 Issue 37, p23
Reports on the US Senate's adoption of the conference report on the fiscal 1997 transportation spending bill. Bill's provision of budgets for certain federal agencies; Statements from senators.
- Congress extends transportation bill through June 30. Constantino, Darren // Pit & Quarry;May2012, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has passed a 90-day extension of the transportation bill through June 2012.
- Senate Panel Green-Lights Bill to Provide $3.6 Billion Funding Hike. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Appropriations Committee's approval of a legislation that would increase spending on transportation programs. Spending level of the bill; Highway construction plans.
- Do what's right: Pass a bipartisan bill. LaHood, Ray // Hill;3/21/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p18
The article offers the author's insights on the passing of the U.S. Senate to a bipartisan transportation bill with a vote of 74-22, in which he mentions that if the Congress set aside their political differences they can solve tough problems of Americans.
- Senate has path for transportation bill. Boxer, Barbara // Hill;3/21/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p20
The article offers information on the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21) surface transportation legislation bipartisan bill which has been passed in the U.S. Congress. Senate in March 2012.