- Bridget Crocker. Karl M.Phipps // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Sep2011, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p24
An interview with Bridget Crocker, product-development specialist at PCC-Chemax Inc. is presented. When asked about the ways that additive help in improving the economics of a formulation, she said that a good example is chlorinated-paraffin replacement esters which lower high cost of chlorine...
- Suspension PVC, EPS prices rise. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;7/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p3
Reports the rise of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) prices in Canada and the U.S. Percentage increase of PVC demand; Factors contributing to the demand increase of PVC; Impact of reduced chlorine availability on PVC production.
- PVC Expected to Hit Bottom in Fourth Quarter. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/15/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 14, p6
Deals with the decline of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) demand in the fourth quarter of 2001. Costs of natural gas in January 2001; Pricing for chlorine; Reason for the decline of PVC demand.
- Chlorine: A German perspective. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;2/23/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p9
Opinion. Examines a study by consulting firm Prognos of three scenarios for reduced chlorine use in Germany. Short term measures for recycling polyvinyl chloride (PVC); Substitution of durable PVC, chlorinated solvents and chlorohydrin; Chlorine ban; Failure to investigate environmental...
- Health association votes against PVC. // Chemical Week;11/27/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 46, p5
Reports on American Public Health Association members' call to hospitals to reduce their use of chlorinated plastics, especially polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- Forthcoming Price Downturn of Chlorinated Paraffin. // China Chemical Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p17
The article presents information on the prices of chlorinated paraffin in China. There has been a drastic increase in the price of CP-52. The output of chlorinated paraffin had an increase in 12 producers and a reduction in 8 producers. The drastic price rise of raw materials affected the...
- NEW COMPOSITE PVC-MATERIAL FOR FINISHING PURPOSES, PLASTICIZED BY BUTOXYALKYLPHENOXYALKYL PHTHALATES. Aminova, G. F.; Gabitov, A. I.; Maskova, A. R.; Yagafarova, G. G.; Rolnik, L. Z.; Klyavlin, M. S. // Oil & Gas Business;2013, Issue 5, p353
At the present time polyvinyl chloride (PVC) due to wide application capabilities is one of most required polymeric material. High demand on PVC associated with possibility of polyvinyl chloride's modification and obtaining a large variety of materials with improved properties, and also with...
- Chlorine and PVC: How green? Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;2/26/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p49
Reports on the debate over the environmental risks posed by chlorine and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Pressure on the industry to prove that the benefits of chlorine and PVC to society far outweigh the costs; International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry's release of `The White Book on...
- Greenpeace studies force ban on chlorinated paraffins. // Chemical Business;Nov95, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p76
Reports on the study sponsored by Greenpeace on the environmental effects of chlorinated paraffins in Europe. Characteristics of chlorinated paraffins; Environmental accumulation.
- PVC: One Man's Trash... Anderton, Jim // Canadian Plastics;Nov2002, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p33
Expresses views on the development of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) polymer. Uses of PVC; Flame retardancy mechanism of the chlorine; Background on the discovery of PVC.