- Deformation Properties of High-Density Polyethylene-Filled with Rubber Particles. Bazhenov, S. L.; Goncharuk, G. P.; Serenko, O. A. // Doklady Physics;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p562
Examines the deformation properties of high-density polyethylene filled with rubber particles. Mechanical properties; Deformation rate; Fracture surface; Stress-strain diagrams.
- Deformability of Particle-Filled Composites at Brittle Fracture. Serenko, O. A.; Goncharuk, G. P.; Bazhenov, S. L. // Doklady Physics;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p822
Investigates the deformability of composites consisting of polyethylene matrices and rubber particles in the region of quasibrittle behavior. Typical stress-strain curves for filled polymers with various contents of rubber particles; Typical appearance of the ruptured material containing rubber...
- Export drop lowers PET prices. Truini, Joe // Waste News;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p26
Reports on the prices being paid by United States recyclers for loose materials, for the week of November 3, 2000. Drop in prices of polyethylene terephthalate; Paper; Metals; Glass; Plastics; Rubber.
- HDPE prices soar, for now. Truini, Joe // Waste News;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p26
Reports on prices recyclers are paying for loose materials in eight metropolitan areas in the United States. Increase in high density polyethylene prices; Business indicators; Paper; Metals; Glass; Plastics; Rubber; Services.
- Freudenberg emphasises innovation, as sales rise. White, Liz // European Rubber Journal;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 185 Issue 7/8, p2
Reports on the business plans of Freudenberg Group. Plan of the company to develop fuel cell components; Annual demand for rubber seals; Plan to concentrate on mechatronic products, polyethylene terephthalate recycling and nanotechnology for improved surface properties.
- Plastics' future looks better. Truini, Joe // Waste News;11/30/98, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p22
Provides information on the prices of commodities relevant to waste management and the recycling industry in the United States as of November 1998. Leveling off of the prices of natural and colored high density polyethylene; Includes steel cans; Corrugated containers; Rubber tires.
- Transforming Tires into Roads: How Oil Products are Reused! // Monkeyshines on America;Sep99 Fossil Fuels, p32
Reports on how oil and coal products are recycled. Refinement of motor oil from cars for use anew as fuel and lubricating oil; Shredding of old tires to be made into rubber products; Recycling of plastics into package filling and flower pots.
- DEVELOPMENT OF NOVEL SYNTHETIC TURF INFILL MATERIALS. Harper, Richard E.; Cook, Fred L.; Muzzy, John D. // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2011, p306
The article presents a study that tests different forms of recycled streams to find a suitable alternative for synthetic sports turf (SST). Topics discussed include granulated crumb rubber infill (GCRI), a report from the Rubber Manufacturing Association (RMA) regarding generation of scrape...
- MECHANICAL PROPERTIES AND WATER ABSORPTION OF KENAF POWDER FILLED RECYCLED HIGH DENSITY POLYETHYLENE/NATURAL RUBBER BIOCOMPOSITES USING MAPE AS A COMPATIBILIZER. Xuan Viet Cao; Hanafi Ismail; Azura A. Rashid; Tsutomu Takeichi; Thao Vo-Huu // BioResources;Aug2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p3260
The performance of kenaf powder (KP) filled recycled high density polyethylene (rHDPE) /natural rubber (NR) blends with and without a compatibilizer, maleic anhydride grafted polyethylene (MAPE), were investigated. The composites with different filler loading (0 to 40 phr) were prepared with a...
- a numbers game. // Vegetarian Times;Jul/Aug2007, Issue 351, p82
The article presents information on the plastic wastes recycled by recycling centers in the U.S. Polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which is found in soft drink and water bottles, can be recycled into carpeting and fiber filling for pillows, quilts and jackets. High-density polyethylene (HDPE),...