- Impact of CAD surface modeling on CNC machining. Herrin, Golden E. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep95, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p150
Discusses the impact of computer-aided design (CAD) surface modeling on CNC machining. Modeling methods; Approaches to utilizing spline interpolation in the CNC.
- Manufacturing molds. Beard, Tom // Modern Machine Shop;Dec97, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p74
Focuses on Tempe, Arizona-based Tech Mold Inc.'s use of computer numerical control (CNC) surface grinding in manufacturing multicavity molds to extremely high tolerances. Benefits of CNC surface grinders; Automation of approach to building molds; Challenges involved in implementing CNC grinding.
- No Need For CNC Programmers? Albert, Mark // Modern Machine Shop;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the changes in the role and function of computer numerical control (CNC) programmers caused by the development of automated cellular automata machine (CAM) software. Changes in the approach to CNC programming; Future responsibilities of CNC programmers; Potential disadvantages of...
- WHEN PCs CONTROL MACHINES. Corey, Gary; Teschler, Leland E. // Machine Design;06/01/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p79
Deals with the use of computer numerical control (CNC) on personal computer (PC) platforms in machines. Concept of the PC-based CNC; Philosophies for handling CNC tasks on a PC; Focus of issues among suppliers taking the motion-card approach; Advantages of PC-based CNC. INSET: ROUTER RETROFIT...
- Choice approach. Oakham, Martin // Engineer (00137758);1/28/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 7740, p36
The article discusses the process and application of computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools in Great Britain. According to the article, CNC programming machine tools can be processed in two different approach, the online and manual approach. Online CNC programming requires central part...
- Fabricator Is Excited With 'Sinking' Profits. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2000, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p65
Reports that the use of CNC technology by solid surface fabricator INcounters of Abilene, Texas helped the company increase profits by reducing job time and automating the production process. Why solid surface fabricators turn away from sink installations; Description of the approach using a...
- Machine design from the ground up. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Sep2004, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p48
Focuses on Moore Tool' Five-Sided Precision (FSP) of machining centers combined with Siemens SINUMERIK 840D CNC. Design approached used by Moore Tool; Benefits of combining Moore Tools' FSP300X with the Siemens SINUMERIK 840D CNC.
- CNC Grinding Cell Cuts Leadtimes For Progressive Die Maker
Shops Using Technology. Zelinski, Peter C.; Bok, Lori; Steigerwald, Shauna R. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2004, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p110
Focuses on the use of multi-computer numerical control (CNC) grinding machines in the manufacturing processes of L.H. Carbide based in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Capabilities of the machines; Advantages of the approach; Features of the CNC surface grinder from Jones & Shipman.
- Maintenance Strategy Optimization for Computer Numerical Control Machine Tools. UNGUREANU, Ana-Lacramioara; STAN, Gheorghe; BUTUNOI, Paul-Alin // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2015, Vol. 809/810, p1504
In this paper are proposed two new approaches to maintenance strategies for Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine tools. The analysis is done for different families of CNC machine tools, from a company specialized in aviation. In maintenance actions applied to CNC machine tools is very...
- The CNC router dilemma: Which hold-down system will work for you? Herzog, Todd // Wood & Wood Products;Jun95, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p179
Offers advice concerning selection of computer numerical control (CNC) router hold down systems. Multizone approach in traditional vacuum approach; Applications suitable for vacuum pods; Limitations of high output vacuum.