- IOC plans Rs. 1550 cr paraxylene project. // Colourage;Jun98, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p69
The report deals with the plans of Indian Oil Corp. (IOC) to diversify into downstream petrochemicals based on naphtha. The company is thinking of putting up a Rs 1550 crore project to manufacture paraxytene, the basic raw material for PTA/DMT production, at a site adjacent to its Panipat...
- Mills seek import duty cut on PSF/DMT/PTA. // Colourage;Jul95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p81
Reports on the need for government to reduce the prices of intermediate inputs used in the manufacture of polyester staple fiber (PSF) like DMT, PTA and MEG. Reduction of import duties on polyester staple fiber and DMT/PTA/MEG; Reduction in prices of PSF by local manufacturers as insufficient...
- DMT and PTA prices fall. // Colourage;May96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p72
Reports on the drop in the price of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and dimethyl terephthalate in India. Effect of the price cuts on polyester manufacturers; Drop in international prices; PTA and DMT as alternative raw materials in the manufacture of polyester.
- PFY yarn customs duty cut hailed. // Indian Textile Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p123
The article reports that the Federation of Indian Art Silk Weaving Industry (FIASWI) has commended the move of the Union Government in India to reduce customs duty on polyester filament yarn from 7.5% to 5%. Duties were also reduced on acrylic and viscose filament yarn from 10% to 5%. The...
- Chemical Profile. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p31
Presents an update on the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) industry as of October 22, 2001. Demand for PTA and DMT; Growth; Prices.
- Bombay Dyeing plans PTA, paraxylene projects. // Colourage;Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p77
Reports that Bombay Dyeing and Manufacturing Co. Ltd. is planning to set up a new project at Kamataka, India, for PTA and paraxylene. Expanded capacity of DMT; Self-reliance in inputs for its textile division.
- Bombay Dyeing move to produce PTA from DMT. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p71
Reports on Bombay Dyeing and Manufacturing Co.'s start of an exercise to explore the possibilities of producing purified terephthalic acid (PTA) from di-methyl terephthalate (DMT) jointly with Glitch India. Details of the project; Capacity of the company's plant in Maharashtra, India.
- Duty on synthetic raw materials; intermediate; VSF cut. // Colourage;Dec2007, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p145
The article reports on the revision of the import duties on synthetic raw materials by Union Finance Minister P. Chidambaram in India. The import duties on basic raw material paraxylene have been made zero. Import duties on raw materials like terephthalic acid (PTA), dimethyl terephthalate (DMT)...
- PTA, DMT majors announce massive price cut. // Colourage;Apr96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p73
Announces the price reduction of PTA and DMT textile raw materials in India. Pricing policies of Reliance, Bombay Dyeing and BRPL.
- IPCL revives acrylonitrile plan. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 433, p18
Reports on the revival of the acrylonitrile plant construction plan of Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd. (IPCL) in Dahej, Gujarat, India in 2004. Effort of the company to pursue the project; Background on the acrylonitrile project; List of abandoned projects of IPCL in 2000.