- Plastics: Industry's fortunes are uncertain. // Chemical Week;3/16/2015, p51
The article discusses the impact of lower crude oil prices to the production of shale oil and gas and the increase of consumer spending in the U.S. It highlights the struggle of the plastics producers in the reduction of visibility caused by economic developments. It cites the benefits of lower...
- Chemical Processing Machinery Manufacturing. Wang Chung-ching // TIER Industry Report - Chemical Processing Machinery Manufacturi;12/5/2016, p1
An industry report of chemical processing machinery manufacturing industry in Taiwan is presented from publisher Taiwan Institute of Economic Research with topics such as increase in investment on petrochemical firms in 2016, decline in imports, and performance of companies like Formosa Plastics.
- IHS: Light feedstocks challenge Brazil. Moser, Bob // Plastics News;9/23/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p0011
The article focuses on Brazil's plastics and petrochemicals sectors as it is challenged by "Brazil Cost" consisting of high labor costs, taxes, logistics and energy. Price of Brazilian processed plastic goods is currently 29% higher than those of developed markets, 35% higher than from emerging...
- Plastic Sheets, Pipes and Tubes Manufacturing. Luo Kai-chen // TIER Industry Report - Plastic Sheets, Pipes & Tubes Manufacturi;3/1/2013, p1
â€¢ Industry Sales: Despite signs of a recovery in China's manufacturing activity in the first quarter of 2013, an increase in production capacity of firms in South East Asia fuels competition and Taiwan's governmentis committed to tackling the overheating housing market, shrinking the...
- Spot Prices in China Plastic City (Yu Yao) Quoted on April 26, 2013. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p31
A chart is presented depicting the spot prices of plastics from producers in China Plastic City as of April 26, 2013 including Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petrochemical Corp., Chimei of Taiwan and Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC).
- Futures Come Into Focus. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;7/25/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 28, p21
Discusses the application of hedging, or price risk management, to the petrochemicals and plastics industry. Factors which established the need for hedging; Models for futures market available to chemical firms; Benefits and limitations. INSET: LOOKING INTO THE FUTURES.
- Sabic profits slip with market downturn. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/1/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p20
Focuses on the financial performance of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) in the first nine months of 1996. Decline in profitability due to lower international prices for the firm's petrochemical products; Production volume; Local sales of petrochemicals and plastics; Approval of expansion...
- Korea's capacity fears. // Chemical Week;2/19/97 Supplement Asia/Pacific, Vol. 159 Issue 7, pS14
Looks at problems faced by South Korea's petrochemical industry. High feedstock costs; Weak petrochemicals and plastics prices; Prospects of capacity expansions that could depress the profitability of petrochemical producers; Prospects for the industry in 1997.
- SAUDI ARABIA PETROCHEMICAL, OIL AND GAS. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShots: Saudi Arabia Petroleum, Oil & Gas;8/28/2015, Issue 3308, preceding p1
An industry report of the petrochemical, oil and gas industry in Saudi Arabia is presented from publisher Acquisdata Pty. Ltd., with topics including the Fuel and Combustion for Advanced Engines program (FUELCOM), a study of oil prices and equity returns, and petrochemicals and plastics sector.
- Industry Foreground under High Oil Price. // China Chemical Reporter;11/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p22
Discusses cascading effect of rising international oil market prices on various industries in China. Import costs rise and inflation pressure increases; Impact of oil crisis on the aviation industry; Building materials industry; Plastic processing industry; Oil refining industry; Water...