- Shakeout/cleaning/finishing. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jan2004, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the mechanics of the shakeout operations in casting production processes. Details on the shakeout functions; Advantage of high-frequency shakeout; Significance of the shakeout operation for robots and manipulators in metalworking industries.
- 1Q news. Taylor, Chatharine P. // Adweek Western Edition;04/13/98, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p37
Reflects on the shakeout in the Internet industry. Performance of new ventures in the industry.
- Preparing to cope with the impending Net shakeout. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;03/27/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p11
Predicts an impending shakeout in the Internet industry. Number of Internet companies that are likely to run out of money within a year; Factors that would likely cause the predicted shakeout in the Internet industry; Projected impact of such Internet shakeout on economic growth.
- Submarket dynamics and innovation: the case of the US tire industry. Buenstorf, Guido; Klepper, Steven // Industrial & Corporate Change;Oct2010, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1563
Beginning in 1922, the rate of exit of US tire producers increased sharply and the industry began a severe and protracted shakeout. Just 5 years earlier, the tire industry experienced a surge in entry that led to a rise of over 80% in the number of producers. We propose an explanation for this...
- Lux Predicts Solar Bubble Will Burst in 2009. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;May2008, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the prediction on the solar industry in the U.S. According a report by Lux Research Inc., the solar industry's remarkable run is an inflated bubble that is primed to burst in 2009. The research firm predicted that the supply of solar modules will begin to exceed demand in...
- Shakeout/cleaning/finishing. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jan1997, Vol. 125 Issue 1, pG-3
Focuses on the approach by the die-casting industry to integrate shakeout operations with other casting production processes. Usage of punchout machines; Functions of shakeout machines; Description of shakeout table and deck high frequency shakeouts and conveyors; Advantages of using shakeouts;...
- First signs of shake-out in Chinese polyester capacity? Barrie, Leonie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);11/7/2014, p1
A reprint of the article "First signs of shake-out in Chinese polyester capacity?" by Leonie Barrie, which appeared in the online resource' November 4, 2014 issue, is presented.
- First signs of shake-out in Chinese polyester fiber capacity. // Chemical Fibers International;Sep2015, Vol. 65, p5
The article reports on the signs of shake-out in the polyester fiber capacity in China, resulting from weakening demand growth, with expansion appearing to be on a halt, and companies reportedly reducing their production capacity.
- Decades later, polyester forges new image. Mason, Richard W. // Textile World;Jan99, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p56
Reports on the improvement in polyester share of global fiber production of the textile industry. How Asia fueled the need of polyester; Market demands met by the capabilities of polyesters; Characteristics of polyester; Advantages of polyester; Major industrial and domestic uses of polyester.
- Can American business compete globally? Jeschke, Katherine R. // Business Credit;Mar1996, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p38
Reviews the book `Megamedia Shakeout: The Inside Story of the Leaders and the Losers in the Exploding Communications Industry,' by Kevin Maney.