- New additives & RRIM systems at SPI Polyurethanes Expo. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Nov98, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p49
Features several catalysts, surfactant, blowing agents, mold releases and colorants displayed at the SPI Polyurethanes Expo `98 in Dallas, Texas. Includes several additives for rigid foams by Air Products and Chemicals Inc.; Exxsol hydrocarbon blowing agents by Exxon Chemical Corp.; Bayflex 180...
- BLOW FOR SPURS - Page [...]. // Daily Mail;4/10/2012, p71
BLOW FOR SPURS - Page 68
- Polyurethanes. Sherman, Lilli // Plastics Technology;Dec2004, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p58
Discusses efforts and approaches that are being directed toward improving the cost and performance of polyurethane (PUR) foam to achieve cleaner blowing agents as required by environmental regulations. Presentations addressing PUR foams that were featured at the Polyurethanes Conference 2004;...
- Polyurethane Composites. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p60
Deals with polyurethane (PUR) composites as a new alternative to polyester and vinyl ester. Information on how PUR composites are produced; Advantages of PUR composites; Details on PUR pultrusion.
- in brief. // Urethanes Technology;Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p36
Presents updates related to the polyurethanes industry as of October 2005. Deal signed by Purcom QuÃmica Ltda as distributor for the ecomate blowing agent system developed by Foam Supplies Inc.; Reason of PUR Systems GmbH & Co. KG behind its search for agents and distributors; Remarks from...
- Sandia showcases new "surfactant material" // R&D Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the development of surfactants by researchers from Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque in New Mexico. Effects of surfactants on fluids; Application of thermal technology in removing the agent from processes in which they are employed.
- Stable Increase in the Demand for ADC Blowing Agent. Ye Youzhong // China Chemical Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p20
The article focuses on the production of azodicarbonamide (ADC) blowing agent in China. There has been a shift in the production of ADC blowing agent from Europe and the U.S. to developing countries, mainly China. China has become the biggest ADC blowing agent exporter in the world because of...
- Take Chemical Countermeasures! // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2002, p29
Provides information on the Surface Washing Agents (SWA) surfactants from Surfactant Technologies. Function of the surfactants; Information on the how to use SWA.
- New directions for urethanes. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Nov96, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on developments in polyurethane foam processing that will eventually allow the foams to become ozone-friendly. Highlights of ozone-friendly development in 70 technical papers; Insight into some of the topics that were discussed at SPI's 1996 Polyurethane conference in Las Vegas, Nevada;...
- Foam facts. R.J.B. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jun98, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p74
Details the Polymers Division of Bayer Corp.'s research papers about blowing agent alternatives for foam insulation. Design of experiments evaluating the effects of key variables on the physical properties of an experimental hydroflurocarbons(HFC)-245fa blown foam system for appliances; Study...