- Christiev Carothers's Oregon farm girls put a fresh face on modeling. // People;3/26/90, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p96
Profiles Christiev Carothers, whose modeling agency in Medford, Oregon, is gaining fame for its fresh-faced, unassuming models.
- The Competitive Advantage Of Nations. Sullivan, Mark // Magill Book Reviews;
The noted theorist of competitive advantage applied his principles of competitive strategy in individual industries to the international arena, gaining a fresh perspective on the economic progress of nations.
- WARREN HAYNES. BARON, JOSH // Relix;Sep2013, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p54
The article profiles Gov't Mule guitarist and vocalist Warren Haynes, who shared that their 2013 album "Shout!" was not really planned to commemorate their 20th anniversary. Haynes said the album was produced after they were able to gain perspectives based on having time off and reflecting on...
- Removing the yellowed varnish. Hart, Greg // Middle School Journal;Mar95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p69
Suggests recalling middle school memories as a way for teachers to gain a fresh perspective on teaching. Author's middle school experiences; Students' development of memories; Awareness of future significance of actions taken by teachers.
- Making the leap from package goods. Liesse, Julie // Advertising Age;3/21/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 12, pS-2
Profiles marketing executives who entered into promotion services. Jeanne Lukas, president of Loring Partnership; Caren Berlin, president of Fresh Perspectives; Exodus from client side to the agency and supplier world; Reasons for move.
- Australian ecologist learns, shares environmental tools. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Oct2013, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p43
The article profiles Melissa White, an Australian fresh water ecologist who traveled to different countries to gain insight from the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation's Department of Natural Resources.
- Start by making those phone calls. Motologin, Louise // Crain's Small Business -- Southeast Michigan Edition;Aug96, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p8
Offers advice to professional service companies or consulting service providers like speech-improvement company, Accent Reduction, on how to gain credibility among target corporate customers. Making telephone calls to human resource and training departments to find out who they employ for...
- Restaurants can find exec talent in many places. Berglass, Matthew // Nation's Restaurant News;3/19/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p28
The author reports on restaurants looking for executive talents in many places. He says that companies that searched for talent in the retail, restaurants, hospitality or fitness sector, gained an advantage by bringing in leaders with a fresh perspective in addition to drawing from a broader...
- A PRIMER FOR LEADERSHIP COACHES. MacPherson, Mike // T+D;Dec2009, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p46
The article presents advice and recommendations for leadership coaches. A model of leadership coaching based on critical self-reflection (CSR) is presented. CSR is described as fostering analytical introspection. Transformative adult learning theory is cited as a field which can be useful in...
- Stimulate fresh ideas -- or how the Post-it was born. Barez-Brown, Chris // People Management;9/18/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p61
The article states that ideas come from gaining fresh perspectives and synthesising different experiences to see things in new ways. According to the author, doing the familiar means avoiding danger, which also means avoiding fresh experiences that stimulate new ideas. During tough times,...