- Silica nanoparticles layered in coating prevent fogging. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov2005, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the development of a unique polymer coating made of silica nanoparticles by the researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Distinct features of the polymer coating; Capabilities of the polymer coating; Contact information.
- New technology polymer for tires. Kitagawa, Yuichi; Saito, Akira // Rubber World;Sep96, Vol. 214 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on a new technology polymer for tires. Cure properties; Structure unit; Relationship between structure and polymer properties; Molecular movement.
- A new chemistry degree at NCSU: Polymer and Color Chemistry. // Journal of Textile & Apparel Technology & Management (JTATM);Summer2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, pN.PAG
This article provides information on the Bachelor of Science in Polymer and Color Chemistry program offered at the North Carolina State University College of Textiles. The new chemistry degree is a new, highly flexible, rigorous program that provides courses in fundamental chemistry, while...
- Dr. Kevin N. Sill The Delivery of Innovation. Hock, Lindsay // R&D Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p8
The article profiles Kevin N. Sill who was named by "R&D Magazine" as Young Innovator of the Year for his development of a new technology that can deliver therapeutic agents into polymer-based drug delivery system called the IVECT Method. Sill and his colleague Habib Skaff used their knowledge...
- Rimco introduces unique enclosure for Olympian generators. // Caribbean Business;6/13/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p42
The article discusses the launch of Rimco Inc.'s new and unique polymer acoustic enclosure for its Olympian generator.
- New catalysts redefine polyolefin possibilities. Rotman, David // Chemical Week;11/20/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 45, p56
Reports on the introduction of a new generation of late transition-metal catalysts by different chemical companies. Possibilities of olefin polymerizations; Commercial impact of the catalysts; Application by DuPont for patent application covering the technology; Uniqueness of properties of polymers.
- Researchers Develop Quick Test for Materials Properties. // JOM: The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TM;Jan2006, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a quick test for materials properties using small samples and nanoindentation as of January 2006. The project began as an experiment using biomaterials in the Chemical Engineering Department of...
- "Plastics" Return to Original Meaning, but With Light. // Design News;8/15/2005, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the initiative of Massachusetts Institute of Technology researchers in developing new class of plastics that could find use in light-driven medical devices. Use of photosensitive polymer in light-sensitive plastic; Response of the materials to temperature; Exposure of external stress...
- New class of polymer to boost low-cost MCM manufacture. P.M. // Electronic Design;01/20/97, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the development of a class of materials derived from polymers of cylic olefins by the MCM research area of Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta. Unique properties of polymers; Material modifications; Non-requirement of adhesion.
- Solvay buys MPT. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;1/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of Mississippi Polymer Technologies (MPT) and Gharda Chemicals by Solvay. Solvay plans to integrate Parmax polymer manufactured by MPT with its Advanced Polymers. The acquisition will strengthen Solvay's production of polymers. Gharda's polymer division...