- Remove 5% Customs duty on plastic raw materials: TNPPMMA Chief. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Aug2009, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p51
The article reports on the call of Tamil Nadu Pondy Plastic Manufacturers and Merchants Association (TNPPMMA) president G. Sankaran for the Indian government dominated by the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) to remove the 5% customs duty on plastic raw materials. He said that small industries...
- Plexconcil calls for duty waiver, free imports. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Aug2008, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p62
The article reports on the call of the Plastics Export Promotion Council (Plexconcil) for the government to eliminate customs duty on polymers in India. Plexconcil also seeks to levy an export duty of 5% on export of polymers to enhance its supply in the domestic market and enable free import of...
- PR China: lower fiber raw material duties. // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p91
Reports that China has revised its customs duties on a number of man-made fiber raw materials in 2004.
- On time, on spec. Knights, Mikell // Plastics Technology;Jul96, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p51
Focuses on the custom compounding of raw materials in the American plastic industry. Importance of custom compounding; Streamlining of custom compounding operations. INSET: Mixing controls lift productivity..
- Petrochem cos must maintain availability of plastics. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2008, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p55
The article reports that petrochemical companies were urged by the Indian Plastics Federation (IPF) to maintain availability of plastics in the domestic market and refrain from abrupt increase in prices. The Union Government was also asked to abolish customs duty on naptha to decrease the raw...
- Anti-dumping duty on PTA. // Colourage;Mar1999, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p58
Reports that plastics manufacturer Reliance Industries Ltd. has asked the government to impose anti-dumping duty on import of purified terephthalic acid, a raw material for making polyester.
- Plastics industry optimism takes a dip. Antosiewicz, Frank // Plastics News;07/03/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p13
Discusses the outlook for the global plastics industry in 2000, according to attendees of the National Plastics Exposition in Chicago, Illinois. Benefits that plastics firms are expected to reap from an increase in the use of plastics in cars and the record number of car sales in North America;...
- Suppliers change tactics to cover materials costs. Meiners, Jens // Automotive News Europe;7/10/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that suppliers in Europe are trying new strategies to get their automobile manufacturer customers to pay for increasing raw materials costs. Suppliers and analysts expect prices of key raw materials such as steel, plastic and aluminum to continue rising. They say that the...
- PTEA urges for withdrawal of protective and customs duties. // Pakistan Textile Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the proposal by the Pakistan Textile Exporters Association (PTEA) for the government to roll back the protective and customs duties on raw inputs for the domestic textile industry and to allow the drawback of local taxes and customs rebate on raw materials to help cut down...
- Raw Materials. // Canadian Plastics;2014 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p13
A directory of suppliers of raw materials to the Canadian plastics industry is presented.