- The sad story of SSI: Through the years since independence. Rao, G.K. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, pXXXIX
Discusses the sad story of SSI units in India since independence. Background of SSI; Development of SSI; Reasons why the government's SSI concept did not work; Faults of SSI; Conclusion.
- SOPs and liability. Bentivoglio, John T. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p105
Focuses on the establishment of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and administrative matters by fire departments in the United States. Benefits of SOPs; SOPs reducing a fire department's exposure to lawsuits; Lawsuits from emergency operations; Liability based on SOPs; SOPs...
- Sops may not accelerate export growth: TEA. // Colourage;May98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p87
Reports on the Tirupur Exporters Association's opinion that sops in the credit policy for the exporting community in India will not accelerate export growth.
- PERFORMANCE OF SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES IN KARNATAKA: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF NORTH AND SOUTH KARNATAKA. GANESHKAR, GURUPRASAD; ADI, MUKTA S. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, Special section p1
Being one of the major growth drives of the economy, SSI sector is labour intensive providing and generating employment and income to a country, have been recognized as engine of economic growth worldwide. SSI sector not only generate the highest per capita, they also go a long way in checking...
- Small-Scale Industries of Punjab: An Overview. Gautam, Raj Kumar; Singh, Raghbir // ICFAI Journal of Management Research;Mar2009, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p37
The aim of the paper is to study the performance of the small-scale sector of Punjab. Small-Scale Industries (SSIs) are significantly contributing to the economy of Punjab. In the liberalized era, the SSI sector is facing stiff competition from domestic as well as foreign companies. The paper...
- Increase in recipients of supplemental security income. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p186
Provides update on the number of persons receiving supplemental security income (SSI) in the United States. Figures on the increase of SSI recipients from 1985 to 1994; Factors that influenced the growth in SSI recipients; Demographic compositions of the recipients.
- Small Scale Industries and Economic Development: Special Reference to India. Babar, S. N. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p22
The small scale industries sector contributes significantly to the manufacturing output, employment and exports of the country. It is estimated that in terms of value, the sector accounts for about 45 per cent of the manufacturing output and 40 per cent of the total exports of the country. The...
- akick. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;10/1/2011, p1
- akick. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;2015, p1
- Kids and SSI: Reducing the caseload. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the revised rules for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments for children in the United States. Change in the disability criteria for SSI payments; Parents' appeal privileges.