- Maryland and Virginia counties plan more special tax district bond issues. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30458, p30
Focuses on the growth of bonds backed by special tax districts in the Washington Region. Factors contributing to the popularity of tax districts; Risks associated with special tax districts; Benefits of private placements for counties selling special tax districts.
- How to save our nation's capital from socialist ills. Keating, Raymond J.; Edmonds, Thomas N. // Human Events;4/7/95, Vol. 51 Issue 13, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the benefits of capitalism and criticizes the restrictions to free trade in economy of Washington, D.C., in comparison with Communist China and Hong Kong. Reasons for the economic backwardness of Washington; Government policies of the city; Tax rates; Recommendations.
- cleo body. // Cleo;Oct2011, p139
The article offers information on the weight-loss benefit of walking backwards.
- Court ruling backs law aiding Washington District's issuance. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30371, p28
Reports that Washington state's top court affirmed the constitutionality of a law that helps various regional taxing districts issue debt. Library districts planning to move on with bond sales which were previously on hold; Conditions imposed under the law; Unused bonding capacity of...
- Govt establishes "free business zone" in underdeveloped regions. // Hungary A.M.;01/24/2013, p3
The article reports on the free business zones to be established by the government of Hungary in 33 state administrative districts as a means to help underdeveloped regions through employment and tax benefits.
- New city TIF district slights Spiegel site. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/29/94, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p70
Reports on the Chicago Development Commission's recommendation for the creation of a 125-acre tax-increment financing (TIF) district to spur development in the McKinley Park neighborhood. Boundaries of the proposed area; Benefits to be generated by a TIF district.
- Transit District receives $1.6 million tax refund. Toth // San Diego Business Journal;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p9
Reports on the tax refund received by the North County Transit District from the State Board of Equalization of California. District's citing of a violation of the Railroad Reorganization Revitalization and Recovery Act; Pending refund; Benefits of the rail transit system.
- From a doughnut to a pie: new shape for education. Hetrick, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p38
Focuses on the changes in the education system in Indianapolis, Indiana. Recommendations for suburban school districts to manage school facilities; Benefits gained tax revenues from expanded districts; Need to eliminate administrative cost and the need for more charter schools.
- New Orleans Business and Industrial District. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/13/96 Supplement, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p9A
Presents information on Business and Industrial District of New Orleans, Louisiana. Names of persons in District; Location of Business and Industrial District; Reason for developing the District; Introduction of programs for new businesses; What is the Enterprise Center; Benefits of Enterprise...
- Enterprise Zones Extended. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/15/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33765, p9
The article reports on the legislation signed by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn in August 2012 which extends for 25 years the special taxing districts called enterprise zones, which allow businesses benefits from tax credits.