- Jute packaging order diluted once again. // Colourage;Apr2000, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p110
Reports that India's ministry of textiles has diluted the mandatory Jute Packaging Order due to pressure from the union food ministry.
- BANGLADESH. // Pakistan Textile Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on orders received by Bangladesh Jute Mills Corp. (BJMC) to export raw jute and jute products to Thailand and raw jute to Vietnam.
- Diluted packaging order will hit jute sector: IJMA. // Colourage;Aug2002, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p114
Reports that more than 34 percent of the total raw jute available in India during the 2002-2003 season will be left unutilized if the government goes ahead with its proposal of diluting the mandatory packaging orders for foodgrains and sugar.
- Jute Packaging Materials Act may be further diluted. // Colourage;May2002, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p113
The Textiles Ministry of India is preparing in 2002 a Cabinet note recommending further dilution of the Jute Packaging Materials Act, 1987. The ministry is expected to recommend that the government reduce the compulsory use of jute packaging material for sugar and foodgrains to 50% through 2005....
- Chemical finishing of jute and jute blended textiles: A review. Samanta, A.K. // Colourage;Feb95, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p37
Reports on the chemical finishing of jute and jute-blended textiles. Short-comings and advantages of jute; Traditional use of jute; Decline in the demand for jute as packaging material; Improvement of properties; Softening treatment as finishing operation; Rot proofing; Multifunctional finish;...
- Jute order review will hit jute laminators. // Colourage;May98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p87
Reports on president of the Jute Laminators Association, G.G. Dalmia's claim that the Centre's decision to eliminate the Jute Packaging Materials Act of 1987 will affect jute laminators in the small scale sector.
- Govt mulls dilution of jute packing norms. // Colourage;Nov2001, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p76
Reports on an inter-ministerial committee in India's development of a plan for dilution of the compulsory jute packing norms under the Jute Packaging Material Act of 1987.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);11/24/2015, p10
The article offers business news briefs in India as of November 2015, including the decision by the government not to change its jute packaging order, the move by British firm Bupa to increase to 49% its share in Indian health insurance company Max Bupa, and the move by ratings agency Fitch to...
- Diluted packaging norms reduce demand for Indian jute. // Man-Made Textiles in India;Jan2013, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p26
The article reports on the decline in demand for jute in India in 2012, attributed to the government's decision to dilute the packaging norms by 60% under the mandatory Jute Packaging Materials Act (JPMA) of 1987.
- Jute Act may be diluted further. // Colourage;Jul2007, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p149
The article reports that the Standing Advisory Committee on jute has recommended a dilution of the Jute Packaging Materials Act of 1987 in India. The recommendations seek to reduce jute packaging in foodgrains by 25-75 percent and 30-70 percent in sugar between July 2007 and June 2008. The...