- GE polycarbonate unit to meet demand growth. Achon, Marco // Chemical Week;6/17/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 23, p16
Announces the completion of the polycarbonate (PC) plant of the GE Plastics company in Spain on January 1999. Details on the plant; Raw materials to be supplied in the plant; Demand for PC.
- Banner year for plastics, with HDPE as volume leader. Coeyman, Marjorie // Chemical Week;12/21/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 24, p10
Highlights the Society of the Plastics Industry's (SPI) 1994 year-end estimated statistics on resin production and consumption in the United States. Raw material supplies; Comparison with 1993 statistics; Percentage changes from 1993; Product categories.
- Ideas Keep Flowing, But Margins Melt. Graff, Gordon // Chemical Week;7/18/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 27, p22
Provides information on the financial condition of the United States plastic additives manufacturers as of July 2001. Estimated prices and sales earnings of plastic additives manufacturers; List of chemical additives in the market; Rates of electric supply and raw materials; Discussion on...
- Meltdown raw materials scarcity cripple plastlc industry. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jan2009, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p68
The article reports on the impact of low demand for plastic products and scarcity of raw materials caused by global economic crisis on the industry in January 2009. It says that many manufacturing units in India have either stopped or reduced production. K. K. Seksaria, president of Indian...
- GM tells suppliers: Don't hike prices. Child, Charles // Automotive News;9/26/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5571, p1
Reports on General Motors' (GM) appeal to suppliers not to increase prices of raw materials due to increases in prices of steel, plastic and aluminum. GM's fighting of the law of supply and demand; Argument of suppliers on the issue; GM's offer of incentive to suppliers to cut costs.
- THE SCARCITY OF RAW MATERIALS. Simon, Julian L. // Atlantic (02769077);Jun81, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p33
Analyzes the worldwide supply of raw materials. Statistics on raw materials; Evidence of the growing scarcity of raw materials; Methods of measuring supply.
- Untitled. O'Connor, Rhian // ICIS Chemical Business;3/10/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 10, p24
The article discusses the chemical compound acetone which is used in the manufacturing of acetone cyanohydrin (ACH), a raw material for methyl methacrylate (MMA) which is primarily converted into polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), and the manufacturing of bisphenol-A (BPA), a raw material used in...
- Market for Bioplastics. Docksai, Rick // Futurist;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses the development of environmentally-friendly alternatives to fossil-fuel-based plastics by businesses and manufacturers. According to a study from market research firm Freedonia Group, demand for bioplastics in the U.S. should increase yearly through 2016, replacing the use...
- Exec cites unfair collection practice. // Plastics News;5/21/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p11
The article informs that Scott Saunders, director of raw material procurement for KW Plastics, is unable to understand how municipalities can justify using taxpayer money to collect recycling material that ends up being shipped overseas when domestic manufacturers are starving for that material....
- Polystyrene Prices Continue to Rise As Feedstocks Soar. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;03/06/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the demand for polystyrene or plastic foams. Price increase in April 2000; Increases in costs of raw materials; How the trends affected the consolidation in the industry.