- Export-Import Bank Offers Risk for Sale. Drajem, Mark // American Banker;2/23/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 36, p28
Reports that the United States' export-support agency will sell loan-support risk to insurance companies, banks and pension funds. How the sale will enable the agency to support more export; Encouragement of more exports; Low loss ratio.
- Changing National Concentrations of High Technology Exports, 1974-1979: An Update. Green, Robert T. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall82, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p72
In this update of an earlier article, the author reveals the extent to which the United States has lost market share to Japan, France and perhaps Britain in the export of high-technology goods. The author supports a more vigorous policy to encourage US exports, directed especially to small- and...
- Examining the Role of Buyer-Seller Relationships in Export Performance. Piercy, Nigel F.; Katsikeas, Constantine S.; Cravens, David W. // Journal of World Business;Spring97, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p73
This article develops important benchmarks for suppliers concerned with building sustainable competitive advantage in their export markets. The evidence most especially suggests the need to focus more attention on buyer-seller relationship-building in export marketing, as compared to more...
- Lucrative trade relationship. Dori, John T. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/20/97, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p17
Presents data on United States exports to Asia and the number of jobs supported by exports from 1992 to 1996. Impact of economic problems in Asia; Factors that could affect demand for United States exports.
- Domestic Jobs Attributable to U.S. Exports. Roxon, Daniel // Monthly Labor Review;Dec67, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the increase in domestic jobs in the United States related to exports of goods between 1960 and 1965. Effects of productivity; Export-related jobs; Supporting employment.
- Grain exports double with state support. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/14/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on a forecast that good weather and state support for farmers will enable Iran to export almost 1 million tons of wheat before the end of the food production year on June 30, 2008. The wheat exports of Iran will be more than twice the 400,000 tons the United Nations (UN) Food...
- Uncle Sam is everyone's pal. // Finance Week;9/21/2001, p13
Reports on the importance of the United States to the economies of other countries. Exports of various countries to the United States; Reasons of countries for supporting the United States after an economic setback.
- Tanzania: M-T Shilling Strength. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p22
The article offers an outlook for the Tanzanian shilling for 2009-2010. A move at 1 Tanzanian shilling per 330 U.S. dollars would set the shilling up for a move to 10-month support. A case of demand outstripping supply is shown in the recent price action, with the central bank and exporters...
- Jute products exports to touch Rs. 550 cr. // Colourage;Feb96, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p62
Reports on India's jute products exports. Estimated amount of export for 1995-1996; Support of the United Nations Development Programme to promote the industry; Amount of jute produced; Amount exported.
- Remarks supporting renewal of fast-track trading authority. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p1310
Presents President Bill Clinton's remarks supporting the renewal of the President's traditional trading authority to negotiate trade deals, to open more American markets for goods and services from the United States. Restoring the partnership between Congress and the President in implementing...