- Troubleshooting problems with mold releases. Martin, David L. // Rubber World;Aug93, Vol. 208 Issue 5, p32
Discusses the two main categories of release agents for molds. Sacrificial release agents; Semi-permanent release agents; Issue of transfer critical to mold release selection; Problems with the molding process; Releases per application; Microporosity and semi-permanent releases; Injection...
- Mold Release. // Rubber World;Winter2007, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p13
The article evaluates silicone fluid mold release agents, from Akrochem Corp.
- Mold-release agents. // Plastics Technology;Aug96 Supplement Handbook, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p411
Features mold-release agents for plastics manufacturing. Includes water-based external release agents; Mold Wiz external mold releases; Boron nitride.
- Keeping up with additives. // Plastics Technology;May98, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p35
Presents an array of plastics industry equipment and supplies. Mold cleaner; Mold releases; Pigments; Blowing agents; Antimicrobial for thermoplastics.
- Materials. // Rubber World;Spring94 Product News, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p23
Presents various materials for the rubber industry. Fluoroelastomer; Mold release; Thermoplastic elastomers; Prepolymers; Mold sealer/release agent; Reinforcing pigment; More.
- Mold releases. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Aug95, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p42
Discusses the water-based and solvent-free formulations for plastic mold releases. Drawbacks in the performance of the water-based release agents; Internal mold releases as an alternative to solvent releases; Features of mold-release products; George Mann & Co.'s version of an automated...
- New test method evaluates release agents. Shields, Kathleen; Beck, R.; Mattison, Scott; Shook, Amber // Rubber World;Jan98, Vol. 217 Issue 4, p23
Presents a technique for evaluating the performance of semi-permanent release agents. Comparison of the performance of several polytrafluoroethylene release agents under a variety of conditions; Estimated cost of mold release; Types of release agents studied; Variable affecting mold release...
- Water-based SPMRAs: Improved productivity, quality and environmentally safe. Rigby, Michael // Rubber World;Dec2000, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p40
Examines release agent choice within the rubber industry and how it can impact part cost, quality, and the environment. Solvent-based mold release agents; Water-based semi-permanent mold release agents; Reasons why some companies still do not use water-based mold release formulations; Case...
- Mold release agents. // Rubber World;Winter97 Product News, Vol. 217 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on technical bulletin published by the company Specialty Products on mold release agents including Kantstik UR semi-permanent release agent for automotive urethane molding, Kantstik 91WX high-temperature water-based semi-permanent release agent, Kantstik 98W water-based...
- Protect Your Tooling Investment. Pugh, Amanda // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Jan2015, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the use of water-based mold release and cleaning technology on molding equipment. It discusses the role of mold release agents and cleaners in sustaining mold life, enhancing product quality and lessening operational waste, some benefits of water-based agents which are...