- Minimal semisubnmersible hits marginal deepwater development economics. Cermelli, Christian A.; Roddier, Dominique G.; Aubault, Aiexia // Offshore;Feb2008, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p80
The article focuses on the new subsea technologies which can be implemented to allow production from remote marginal fields in deepwater. These technologies have changed to provide better, more reliable functionality in greater water depths and are expected to reduce the threshold of recoverable...
- Trelleborg touts subsea upgrades. // Rubber & Plastics News;3/23/2015, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p0012
The article offers reviews of T-Strake vortex induced vibration system and subsea flow control developments Vikotherm S1 and R2 insulation materials by engineered polymer solutions provider Trelleborg A.B.'s offshore company.
- EARTH: Thermoplastic drill component handles the pressure. // Canadian Plastics;May/Jun2009, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p37
The article reports on the use of Victrex' high performance thermoplastic PEEK polymer by micro molder CG Tec Injection of Frasne, France in encapsulating a miniature sensor used in the drilling equipment. The sensor is created by using a two-stage duplicate molding process. According to Robert...
- Crystal polymer hurdles insulation barrier. // Design News;12/4/95, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p41
Features DuPont Engineering Polymers' Zenite liquid crystal polymer for ground insulation. Use of the polymer in a Class R Electrical Insulation System.
- PEEK polymer resists chemicals in plating machine. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Dec2004, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p13
This article reports that glass-fiber filled PPS has reportedly been replaced by Victrex PEEK polymer in the holder components of chemical plating machines at AEM-Evertech of Singapore, according to Greenville, South Carolina-based Victrex USA Inc. The holders carry semiconductor lead frames or...
- Improved flexibility in Norne subsea controls. // Offshore;Aug2006, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p126
The article reports on the improved flexibility of the all-electric subsea control technology on Statoil's Norne field in Norwegian Sea. Electric systems provide other benefits over electro-hydraulic in deep waters. 21 electric actuators covering both choke and manifold functions, plus...
- Polymer protects aircraft engine harness. // Design News;11/18/96, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p31
Reports on General Electric's Aircraft Engine division's use of PEEK (polyaryetheretherketone) monofilament woven braid to protect aircraft engine harness. Reason for choosing PEEK polymer; Advantages over PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene).
- Polymer gear keeps going, and going, and going. // Machine Design;11/21/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 22, p28
Provides information on the use of the PEEK polymer compound for race car gears from Victrex USA Inc. Key features; Operating temperature of the polymer; Industrial applications.
- PPL Breaks the Mold with Polymer Concrete Cutouts. Berner, Mark // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul2011, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p40
The article focuses on the porcelain distribution cutout insulators that is used by PPL Electric Utilities Corp. for the protection, security and operation of electric power distribution systems. It notes the prevention of moisture penetration that polymer concretes provide to the insulators. It...
- Gulf of Mexico flowlines contract awarded. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul98, Vol. 225 Issue 7, p14
Reports that MFRI Inc. and the Bayou Pipe Coating Co. have received a four-year contract to provide insulation and jacketing for subsea flowlines in the Gulf of Mexico.