- Innovation to drive converter growth. Al-Zubi, Raed S. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 10, Special section p22
The article reports on the potential use of regional research and innovation centers in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to help the growth of plastics converters. It states that the centers are designed to help plastic converters to create commercial products and services that can boost...
- Recycling structure expands. Cavaney, Red // Plastics News;1/6/1997, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on the condition of the plastics recycling market in the United States. Growth of the plastics recycling infrastructure; Economic factors influencing the post-consumer plastics market; Increase in the number of communities supporting plastics collection.
- Argentine plastics buck the trend. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;4/1/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 12, p59
Forecasts the future of the Argentine plastics industry despite of the economic crises the industry has experienced in 1997. Expected growth of plastics industry rate through 2002; 1997 plastics consumption in Argentina; Argentina's total plastics imports.
- Canada's outlook banks on exports to the United States. Lauzon, Michael // Plastics News;1/10/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p18
Forecasts the growth of the plastics industry in Canada in 2000. Evidence on Canadian economic growth; Dependence of the plastics industry on exports from the United States; Direct relationship between the US economy and the plastics industry in Canada.
- Prospects of the Czech Rubber and Plastics Industry. Vesela, Eva // Czech Business & Trade;2003, Issue 3/4, p32
Explores the performance of the rubber and plastics industry in the Czech Republic. Main economic indicators; Growth of the export volume; Competitiveness.
- CIT sees slow plastics growth through '97. Ford, Tom // Plastics News;7/29/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on business development and economic research firm, CIT Group's `Sixth Annual Plastics Industry Outlook, 19970-1999,' which forecast the performance of the plastics industry. Factors that will contribute to the industry growth; Projected increase in the prices for plastic resins; Annual...
- Argentinian market downgraded. Costa, Sandra Mara // Plastics News;7/23/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p3
Reports that Argentina's economic problems has downgraded the plastics industry from previous prognoses of modest, almost zero, growth for 2001, to a market shrinkage forecast. Effect of recession; Exports of plastics products; Worsening economic conditions in the country.
- Europe's 1999 issues set pace for growth. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;1/10/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p21
Reports on the projected growth of the plastics industry in Europe in 2000. Optimism for regional economic growth creating huge opportunities to plastics processors; Positive impact of the euro single currency on the industry; Predicted continued consolidation among component suppliers.
- Saudi Arabia considers new development zones. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/14/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 19, p19
The article reports on the plan of the Saudi Arabian government to establish two more economic cities, which could include petrochemical and plastic investment. The two development zones are planned to be built in the northern and eastern parts of the country. The government's objective in...
- Saudi Arabia mulls two new economic trade zones. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;5/14/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 66, p14
The article discusses the plan of Saudi Arabia to establish two more economic cities in the country, which could include petrochemical and plastic investments. A consultant says that construction of the two new areas may begin before the end of 2007, which is part of an original strategy...