TUC agrees on training policy for the future
- Union reps boost apprenticeship numbers -- and pay. // Podiatry Now;Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses an effort by Great Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC) to encourage employers to create more apprenticeship programs.
- TUC achieves IIP. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p9
Reports that the Trade Union Congress has won Investors in People status at the training and enterprise council conference in 1997.
- U.K. group warns against shorting DC plans. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the efforts of Trades Union Congress to keep occupational pension plans in Great Britain. Importance of implementing shared responsibility between employer and employee; Effect of an inadequacy in the provisions in the government policy; Terms of the final salary defined benefit scheme.
- TUC launches new guide to dyslexia in the workplace. // Basic Skills Bulletin;3/24/2014, Issue 154, p3
The article reports on the publication of "Dyslexia in the Workplace: A TUC Guide," by Brian Hagan, from the Trades Union Congress (TUC), which addresses dyslexia in the workplace.
- Pay packets in south-west England fall by 10%. Silvera, Ian // Employee Benefits;6/11/2013, p7
The article reports on the decline in the total pay packet of south west England since 2007, according to a research by the Trades Union Congress (TUC).
- The Journal of Lynton Charles. Charles, Lynton // New Statesman;09/18/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4403, p5
Presents an excerpt of a speech made by the Great Britain deputy minister without portfolio, to the annual meeting of the Trades Union Congress in Blackpool, England, on September 16, 1998.
- TUC seal of approval. // People Management;9/25/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p12
Reports on British Trades Union Congress' plan to create a seal system for companies that meet minimum standards for employee relations.
- Shotgun partners. Armstrong, Geoff // People Management;9/25/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p25
Opinion. Comments on issues tackled in the Trades Union Congress' `Partnership for Progress' program. Reason for the reduction of TUC membership; Factors contributing to the increasing trend of part time working relationships; Issues leading to the difficulty of defining bargaining unit;...
- Minimum wage spat exposes inner divisions. Overell, Stephen // People Management;9/26/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p17
Reports significant changes in the policy of Trade Union Congress (TUC). Minimum wage debate involving John Edmonds and Rodney Bickerstaffe; Endorsement of TUC on employment rights; Policy on solidarity action.