Employee relations/equal opportunities
- Labor thoughts. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;08/25/97, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p64
Focuses on strikes and labor relationships in the telecommunications industry. Concerns on the status of part-time workers; Discussion on the settlement between the Teamsters and UPS; Adoption of confrontational policies.
- AGE-OLD ISSUES. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;12/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p20
Discusses issues about the trade unions in the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Relationship of unions with the companies; Concern of retirees on financial security afforded by pensions and health benefits; Move of retiree organizations to secure those benefits.
- Employee relations. // People Management;11/7/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p15
Discusses employee relation issues. Joint working party with managers by Communication Workers' Union (CWU) for the Royal Mail; Findings of a study by International Survey Research (ISR); Ultimate family-friendly policy, according to a survey by outplacement consultants Drake Beam Morin.
- Bargaining Diversity in Telecommunications. Perline, Martin M.; Poynter, David J. // Labor Law Journal;Apr91, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p252
This article examines the diversity in the union settlements negotiated by former Bell System operating companies in the U.S., in terms of their relationship toward the major union with which they negotiate, as well as their attitude toward the collective bargaining process. The questionnaire...
- The Decline of Organized Labour and How its Current Trajectory Can Be Reversed. Shniad, Sid // Labour / Le Travail;Spring2010, Vol. 65, p141
The article presents the author's views on the decline of the labor movement and what should be done about it, with a focus on the telecommunications industry in Canada. The effects of deregulation and rapid technological change on telecommunications workers and their labor unions are described,...
- Novo padrÃ£o de relaÃ§Ãµes de trabalho e de aÃ§Ã£o sindical no setor de telecomunicaÃ§Ãµes brasileiro: contribuiÃ§Ã£o ao debate a partir do caso da ParaÃba. de Oliveira, Roberto Véras // PolÃtica & Sociedade: Revista de Sociologia PolÃtica;abr2011, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p271
We present here the results of research carried out in 2008 with telecommunication workers in the state of ParaÃba, which examined the effects of the privatization of the TelebrÃ¡s System on labor relations and union activity. We focus on processes of outsourcing, a new dynamics of...
- T-Mobile denies union reps ban. // Personnel Today;9/19/2006, p2
The article reports that mobile phone operator T-Mobile Ltd. has denied union claims that it is denying employees their statutory right to have union representation at company grievance or disciplinary meetings. Communication Workers' Union had accused the company of actively discouraging its...
- Cingular Wireless reaches agreement with union. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p40
Reports on a labor agreement between the Communications Workers of America and Cingular Wireless LLC. Percentage of wage increase for Cingular workers based on the contract; Effect of the agreement on employment security; Remarks from Rochelle Cohen, spokeswoman for Cingular, on the...
- Japan: Caught in the middle on 3G. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p1
Reports that the standards body of Japan, the Association of Radio Businesses (ARIB), has concluded that both W-CDMA, based on the GSM platform, and cdma2000 third-generation proposals are valid proposals of the International Mobile Telecommunications-2000. Agreement between the ARIB and the...