HR holds key to NVQ success
- Minding our NVQs. Reith, Lesley // Training & Development;Feb2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p75
Focuses on the impact of the National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) program on the British vocational qualification system. Aims of NVQ; Training courses offered by the British government; Creation of the National Council for Vocational Qualifications in 1996; Employers' response to NVQ.
- Making the most of past experiences and achievements. Nazarko, Linda // Nursing & Residential Care;Aug2005, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p347
The article explains the use of evidence from past experiences and achievements in granting a national vocational qualifications to workers and job applicants in Great Britain. It discusses the use of evidence from past experiences and achievements in assessing the work competence of an...
- Employers still rate academic qualifications. // Works Management;Apr1998, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses the Institute of Directors survey, which suggests that traditional academic qualifications remain highly regarded by British employers when it comes to assessing prospective employees. Most of the 500 respondents believe General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) and...
- Secrets of success. Woolnough, Roisin // Training & Coaching Today;Nov/Dec2006, p8
No abstract available.
- COACHING SET TO GAIN NVQ. // Training Magazine;Sep2005, p5
No abstract available.
- Number of vocational qualifications in UK schools doubles. // Education (14637073);7/25/2008, Issue 323, p2
The article focuses on the number of vocational qualifications in Great Britain. It explains that there has been an increase in the number of people taking the qualifications, according to research by the education foundation Edge. The report suggests that the increase is due to a higher...
- Spotlight onâ€¦ vocational qualifications. Freeman, Lucy // Personnel Today;10/16/2007, p41
The article focuses on the general perception about the National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) of Great Britain. Gareth Philips, business development director of EDI Inc., says that the qualification standards are updated to match the requirements of industry. Stuart Coyle, a development...
- National Vocational Qualifications - NVQs. // Image Technology;Sep1993, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p178
The article provides an outline of the National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) in Great Britain. NVQs are qualifications which meet the national standards required for employment. The National Council for Vocational Qualifications ensures the qualifications are relevant to the needs of...
- Chapter 5: Striving for appropriate, reliable and manageable vocational assessment. Willerton, Sylvia // Problem of Assessment in Art & Design;2007, Vol. 4, p59
Chapter 5 of the book "The Problem of Assessment in Art & Design" is presented. It reflects on the original General National Vocational Qualifications (GNVQ) model and the successive reviews and changes that have taken place over its lifespan in Great Britain. It cites the effectiveness of GNVQ....