Last-minute flurry to beat EWC countdown
- UK firms hang back over European works councils. // Management Today;May95, p12
Discusses the impending establishment of the European works councils by September 1996, as adopted by the European Social Affairs Council in Brussels. Compliance versus opposition to the directive; British opposition to the directive; Option to renegotiate the directive.
- Senate Committee approves skill-standards bill. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Aug93, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p94
Reports on the Senate Labor Committee's approval of the proposed plan to establish a board to help set workplace skill standards. Itemizing the skills needed for jobs; Board review and approval of standards.
- The New Co-Determination Law in Germany. Gruson, Michael; Meilicke, Wienand // Business Lawyer;Jan1977, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p571
Focuses on the Co-determination law in Germany. Election of labor representatives to the boards of major corporations; Impact of the law on business management; Types of corporate entities.
- Works council law could sap European competitiveness. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;10/12/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 13, p26
Focuses on the effect of the European Union (EU) Works Council Directive on European chemical companies' finances. Terms of the directive; Effect on labor costs; Likely addition to concerns about the global competitiveness of the industry; Power and composition of the works council; Union's...
- Employment law SOS. Beswick, David // Works Management;Jun2013, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p12
Answers to the question related to the employment law in Great Britain is presented including is supplier hospitality permitted for department managers and engagement of a works council and legal standing of works council.
- Manitoba proposal endorses pension committees. Smolkin, Sheryl // Employee Benefit News Canada;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on a legislative proposal introduced by Manitoba Labor Minister Nancy Allen in December 2004, which would require that a pension committee administers most pension plans. Impact of the lack of national standard on pension committees on plan sponsors; Details of the operation and powers...
- Firms take a 'positive' line on works councils. // Contract Journal;7/16/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6435, p7
Focuses on the plan of the Construction Federation to approach the prospect of legislation that will extend the use of consultative work councils in Great Britain as of July 2003. Coverage of a draft legislation that implements a European Union Works Council Directive; Proposed requirements of...
- Law sees workers consulted on jobs. // Commercial Motor;7/17/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5037, p13
Focuses on the works council legislation proposals launched by the Department for Trade and Industry in Great Britain as of July 2003. Implementation of work councils in larger companies; Schedule of compliance for various company sizes; Reaction of Road Haulage Association employment...
- UK Employers Brace for Works Council Implementation. Younson, Fraser // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q2, p1
The article announces the implementation of the work councils laws in Great Britain. Great Britain has published the Information & Consultation of Employees Regulation (ICER), which will govern work councils in the country. The provisions of ICER are explained, including the establishment of...