Make learning more conscious with CPD
- Vision only works if communicated. Aitken, Antony; Saunders, Ian // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p28
Explains how human resources (HR) can become more involved in taking a lead in change management programmes and how pursuing change does not have to cause discontent. Factors that led to successful change in management programmes; Key factors that influenced change in management programmes;...
- Developing human resources: Participative management and employee involvement: Slogans and reality? Fischer, Ben // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p137
Discusses various aspects of human resources development that encourage employee participation in management. Factors that caused expansion of employee involvement in management; Central purpose of employee involvement; Role of labor unions.
- Discussion after the speeches of Ben Fischer and William K. Rusak. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p149
Focuses on the discussion that followed the speeches by panelists Ben Fischer and William K. Rusak, given during the Canada-United States Law Institute's 1990 conference held in Cleveland, Ohio. Focus on employee participation in management.
- Employee involvement means increased productivity. // Internal Auditor;Jun97, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p11
Discusses that companies who provide employee participation have higher levels of production, based on a survey in United States. Remarks of Lisa Lynch, main author of the study on the survey results.
- A personal file of stimulating ideas and problem solvers. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Aug1991, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses how a manager could keep his people in the business. How to give people a feeling of participation; Tips on public relations; How to conquer worries; Assumptions that can ruin speeches; How to sell a change.
- The money investment in people. Wilkinson, Roderick // Supervision;Feb92, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p11
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the rationality of investment in people. Factors which managers should consider on employee-relations costs; Main benefit of apprentices; Two kinds of investments.
- Team players. Sorohan, Erica Gordon // Training & Development;Aug95, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p11
Presents an excerpt on team playing written by Marilyn Moats-Kennedy and published in the March 1995 issue of `Kennedy's Career Strategist.' Advice for employees in company participation.
- Practical tips for lawful employee participation programs. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/09/96, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p22
Presents legal suggestions to employers on establishment of employee participation programs (EPP) that may deflect a union-driven challenge. Determination of objectives; Selection of type of EPP suitable to the business.
- From the Top: From process to people. // PM Network;Mar2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1
An abstract on the article "From the Top: From Process to People," by Carl Sargeant is presented.
- Who emphasizes employee involvement? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p17
Discusses findings of a study by the Society for Human Resource Management and The Ohio State University's Fisher College of Business that employee participation seems to be more valued at companies in the start-up stage than in more mature organizations. Open communication with employees;...