- Coping with death and grief at work. Smith, A.L. // Business Quarterly;Autumn97, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p20
Details on how managers should deal with the death of a colleague or addressed the issue faced by an employee who experiences a personal loss. Effect of death on other employees' productivity; Ways to create an understanding but businesslike environment.
- Candidate Could Claim 'Misrepresentation.' Warner, Susan // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p45
Presents a solution to an ethical issue faced by a human resources executive. Need to consider legal assistance; Requirement for a cause of action for a lawsuit based on deliberate misrepresentation; Importance of consultation with the head of the department concerned.
- Erratum to: An Alternative Approach to Ethical HRM Through the Discourse and Lived Experiences of HR Professionals. Gama, Nadia; McKenna, Steve; Peticca-Harris, Amanda // Journal of Business Ethics;Nov2012, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p145
A correction to the article "An Alternative Approach to Ethical HRM Through the Discourse and Lived Experiences of HR Professionals" which was published in a previous issue is presented.
- The ethical manager knows how to apply the right motivational tools. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;11/10/97, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p134
Explains how ethical managers can properly utilize motivational tools. Finding that managerial ethics matter to employees; Ethics of appealing to negative emotions; Situational ethics; Absence of simple formula for ethics; Employee motivation versus manipulation.
- Effective Ethics. Rubis, Leon // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p10
Reports on plan of 'HR Magazine' to present articles to promote awareness of human resources ethics. Details of the human resource awareness plan.
- In Limbo on a New Hire. // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p42
Presents a hypothetical situation which highlights ethical issues faced by human resources executives. Plans for corporate downsizing; Employee hiring; Efforts to attract the right person for the position.
- Involve Others in the Decision. Herrmann Jr., Donald M. // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p46
Presents a case in which a human resource executive is given the order to reduce work force, with pending for hire document awaiting signature. Importance of consultations with other executives; Discussion on the legal and ethical risks involved.
- Retract the Offer Without Explanation. Keary, Deborah // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p48
Gives advice on an ethical issue in which a human resources director is ordered to reduce the work force. How to handle the decision to withdraw the appointment of a qualified candidate; Importance of establishing a relationship of trust with human resource staff.
- Draft of Society's new code of ethics released. Lawrence, Lore // HR Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p19
Deals with the professional code of ethics of the Society for Human Resource Management that was released in November 2000. Focus of the code of ethics; Availability of code provisions which supply real-life examples of situations that are frequently encountered by human resource professionals.