Open all hours
- Open learning supports Avis drive to broaden staff skills. Park, Tony // People Management;03/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p47
Provides information on Btec-accredited open learning programme as a major part of the training plan at Avis Fleet Services in Great Britain. Impact of the open learning programme from customer and employee surveys; Advantages of the open learning over the traditional methods; Interactive...
- Roles of pathways in self-access centres. Kell, James; Newton, Clive // ELT Journal: English Language Teachers Journal;Jan1997, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p48
Discusses some possible roles of self-access pathways, particularly in cultures which have no tradition of self-study. Potential role of pathways in self-access; Design of the self-access center; Topic-based approach.
- Education. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1993, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Describes preparations for the launching of the Open Learning program in Australia in 1993, as reported in the December 30, 1992 issue of `Canberra Times.' Offer of 19 subjects; Involvement of Monash, Deakin and the universities of New England and South Australia in the program.
- The Tasmanian Open Learning Service School and the arts. Wilson, Carol // Primary Educator;1997, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p11
Features the Tasmanian Open Learning Service School. Students catered by the school; Materials used to provide guidance for the development of a full curriculum; Production team of the school; Roles of the teachers; Areas of concern; Establishment of parent workshops; Arts as a curriculum priority.
- Corporate Educators Key Into the Virtual Blackboard. McHugh, Stephanie // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p24
Presents updates on online learning in New Zealand. Advantages of online learning; Percent of employee training delivered through the Internet in 1999 in Great Britain; Problem of bandwidth limitations; Creation of cyber classrooms for participants who access sessions through their computers. ...
- Open and distance learning in the European Union. Peck, Bray T. // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov95, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p263
Reports on the increasing popularity of open and distance learning programs in Europe's educational system. Number of university students under open learning programs; Success of the Open University in Great Britain; Report findings.
- Computer-Based Distance Education: Why and Why Not. Barley, Stephen R. // Education Digest;Oct99, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p55
Discusses distance learning in the United States. Impact of economic and technological developments; Questions to be answered to assess the future of distance education.
- METHOD, MEDIA AND MODE: Clarifying the Discussion of Distance Education Effectiveness. Head, J. Thomas; Lockee, Barbara B.; Oliver, Kevin M. // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Fall2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p261
Defines the components of distance education environment. Instructional method; Media attributes; Quadrants of the delivery mode component; Application of the components.
- USING FACE-TO-FACE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS IN DISTANCE EDUCATION. Daniels, Terry // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Fall2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p321
Explains the benefits of using face-to-face tools in distance education. Development; Phases of implementation; Information on a related course of study.