The truth about cats and dogs
- In the media. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 15 Issue 88, p29
Introduces the booklet `Introduction to Market-Based Management,' by Wayne Gable and Jerry Ellig. Management philosophy; Corporations' internal function; Price.
- The tools bookshelf. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Aug95, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p65
Presents training books for management development and program evaluation. `You Developed It: Can Your Training Programs Survive the Reality Test?'; `The New Language of Work'; `Facilitating'; `Handbook of Management Development'.
- Untitled. Thackray, Paul // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct93, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the characteristics of an effective quality manual in an organization. Application for accreditation; Reasons for ineffectivity of manuals; Departmental and local procedures; Work instruction on specific jobs.
- Journal round-up. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p53
Presents different journals for personnel management. `Personnel Psychology'; `Journal of Management Studies'; `Human Resource Management'; `Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology'; `Journal of Applied Psychology'.
- New products and services. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p43
Presents products and services dealing with personnel management. `25 Role Plays for Developing Counselling Skills' manual published by Gower; `Interactive Manager,' book and software package.
- Where to read the things a consultant doesn't tell you. Baillie, John // People Management;10/19/95, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p63
Reviews two academic journal review regarding personnel and business management. `New Technology, Work and Employment, Volume Ten, Number Two,' by Hugh Willmont of Manchester School of Management; `Employee Relations, Volume 17, Number Three,' by Steven Hill and Andrian Wilkinson.
- Problem solver. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p66
Presents Business & Legal Reports Inc.'s manual called `Human Resources Problem Solver'. Topics included in the manual; Price. INSET: Lite tools..
- Job descriptions, employment manuals give direction. Beswick, James B. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9SB
Offers advice on creating job-related documents that can ease the working situations of both employees and employers. Information to be included in job descriptions; Basics covered by the employment manual or handbook; Consultation with the company's lawyer for suggestions.
- New in print. // People Management;6/15/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p47
Introduces several books on business management and employment. `Employment for Disabled People,' by Patricia Thornton and Neil Lunt; `Taking the Lead,' by Lee J. Garnett and Marie Bonsall; `NLP at Work,' by Sue Knight; `Industrial Tribunal,' by Roger Greenhalgh.