Corporate Santas get some worldly advice
- The nature of true giving. Edelman, Marian Wright // Christian Science Monitor;12/22/99, Vol. 92 Issue 20, p11
Focuses on intangible gifts gained by the author from her parents, teachers and others that have shaped her life.
- When a change of style becomes an unexpected gift. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;12/22/99, Vol. 92 Issue 20, p19
Focuses on giving intangible gifts during the holiday season. Kinds of gifts that can be given, including understanding, patience, philanthropy and others.
- The gift. Evan, Dina Bachelor // Lesbian News;Dec97, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p25
Opinion. Focuses on the author's views of gift giving not dependent on material things. Significance of the awareness of the Spirit; Gift list offered by the author for the year 1998.
- Etiquette for today. Post, Peggy // Good Housekeeping;Dec98, Vol. 227 Issue 6, p30
Presents questions and answers on etiquette involving gifts. Includes giving gifts at work the office; Accepting gifts; Response to expensive gifts.
- When `good pie' means `see you soon.' Kendall, Nancy M. // Christian Science Monitor;9/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 195, p16
Considers how the gift of a pie provides two opportunities for a visit with a friend. The delivery of the pie and its grateful acceptance; How some baking dishes have special and specific purposes; The visit that happens when the dish is returned and how it often holds a different gift.
- Is Homo Donator a Homo Moralis? Godbout, Jacques T. // Diogenes;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 195, p86
Discusses the theme of the relations between gift and morality or normativity. Question of whether the gift is necessary for morality; Determination of whether the gift morality encompasses the entire moral code; Moral considerations of Marcel Mauss' essay 'Essay on the Gift.'
- A timely gift. // Christian Science Monitor;12/10/99, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p23
Asserts that the love that comes from giving gifts comes from God, particularly during Christmas.
- Gifts from the heart. Knowles, Carrie // Better Homes & Gardens;Dec97, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p17
Presents gift ideas for the Christmas season. Suggestion on the reading of a bedtime story by candlelight; Information on the giving of manicures for the holiday season at a retirement home; Suggestion on the taping of holiday occasion for laughs.
- Stepping through the holidays. Meisner, Jane Schorer // Better Homes & Gardens;Dec97, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p58
Presents information on the best gifts parents can give there children during the holidays, especially those parents who are divorced. Information on the giving of love, hope and peace to children; Views of Donald A. Gordon of the Center for Divorce Education.