BT claims merger will be beneficial for staff
- MCI, BT mull merger. // Electronic Media;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
Focuses on an announcement by MCI and British Telecommunications PLC, confirming considerations over a strategic merger. Information on United States laws in relation to the merger.
- Calling M&A. // World Trade;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p10
Announces that the British Telecommunications' billion dollar acquisition of United States telecom player MCI Communications got bold headlines. Cross-border mergers and acquisitions; Emerging markets of China and India; Percentage increase in total number of deals in Latin America.
- Merger of British, US telecom giants could create global... MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 238, p1
Focuses on the merger between British Telecommunications PLC and MCI Communications Corporation, and its effect on the telecommunications market. Comments from Bert Roberts, chairman and chief executive of MCI; Statement from British phone-industry analyst James Dodd.
- MCI stock drops amid BT merger nod by FCC. // RCR;08/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the move by British Telecommunications PLC to seek a cheaper price for mega-merger partner MCI Communications Corporation, sending MCI's stock price into a tailspin. Approval by the Federal Communications Commission of the deal; Joint statement issued by the two companies; Views of...
- Sizing up the BT-MCI merger. Barbetta, Frank // Business Communications Review;Dec96, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p18
Evaluates the proposals for the British Telecom-MCI Communications Corp. merger and its implications for business customers. Impact of merger on other global communications carriers, service provision and pricing; Savings from merger; Effect of merger on local, international carriage and...
- MCI shareholders approve BT merger. // RCR;04/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p2
Reports that the proposed merger between MCI Communications Corporation and British Telecommunications PLC, has been approved by the shareholders of MCI. Other approvals needed for the merger.
- BT could merge with MCI. // RCR;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the possible merger between British Telecommunications plc (BI) and MCI Communications Corporation. Value of the takeover; Performance of MCI's stock; Percentage of MCI which British Telecom bought in 1994.
- Telecom deals alter the landscape. Barr, Paul G.; Anhalt, Karen Nickel // Pensions & Investments;11/11/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on the proposed merger between British Telecom and MCI. Investors' views on the merger; Public offering by Deutsche Telekom; Stock trading by MCI; How the merger affects Deutsche Telekom; Comments from Tala Shakerchi, head at Old Mutual Portfolio Managers Limited, and Peter Dencik,...
- 9 years ago this month…. // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p26
The article reveals that in October 1997, WorldCom Inc. made an unsolicited offer to merge with MCI Communications Corp., eclipsing an earlier offer made by British Telecommunications plc to buy the long-distance carrier and wireless reseller.