Councils set for new round of job losses
- Technical. // Public Finance;09/19/97, p20
Reports on developments in the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) as of September 1997. Includes the CIPFA social services panel; Five documents from OECD; Council debt performance measurement.
- CIPFA launches diploma for nonaccountants. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep93, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the launching by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants of an Advanced diploma in Business and Financial Management. Aimed at managers in central and local government, health service, education and other public service organizations; Demand for this type of training;...
- Hurford and Colley top institute council poll. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;06/06/97, p6
Provides an information regarding the results of the 1997/1998 Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy council election in Great Britain. Chris Hurford's obtaining the poll's most votes; Two representatives of the health and audit sections; List of the candidates in each section...
- DSS students start CIPFA course. // Public Finance;2/4/94, p4
Reports on the start of CIPFA's education and training scheme. Students from the social security department; Serving civil servants with 17 years of experience as first students.
- CETCs scoop the P3 awards. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;2/4/94, p6
Reports that the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) education and training centers won eight of the eleven P3 awards.
- Setting out a year's objectives. Adams, David // Public Finance;2/4/94, p13
Reports on the January 28, 1994 council meeting of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA). Tribute to Hedley Marshall; Agenda of the council meeting; Chair of the professional committee; Announcement of the P3 examination results; Developments in education and...
- Someone to watch over me. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;2/4/94, p14
Reports on the allocation of advisers for students by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy in their training and education program. Comparison of the student advisers with angels; Monitoring of the effectiveness of training and education by the advisers; Coordination of the...
- Flexible fount of knowledge. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;2/4/94, p16
Reports on the flexibility of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy's (CIPFA) education and training in relation to the needs of public services. CIPFA's program as answer to the changing nature of employment; Maximum flexibility in the program; Creation of employer manager...
- Republic of Ireland branch. // Public Finance;04/25/97, p20
Profiles the Republic of Ireland branch of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA). Total membership; Officers; Establishment of the branch in 1993; Management structure; Major events in the branch.