Recruiters leave IPA en masse
- The Teaching of Advertising Management: Essential, Elective, or Extraneous. STUHLFAUT, MARK W.; DAVIS, CRAIG // Journalism & Mass Communication Educator;Autumn/Winter2010, Vol. 65 Issue 3/4, p265
The practice of advertising takes creative, media, and other skills, but management is the determining discipline for developing advertising campaigns. This study investigated the teaching of advertising management at U.S. colleges/universities, by examining school Web sites, analyzing course...
- Media: Why media is exploring extracurricular activities. // Campaign;1/16/2015, p50
The article reports on the involvement and exploration of media to extracurricular activities in Great Britain. It notes the reinvention of mass media brands as they become education centers. It is obseved that traditional media owners integrate into education to nurture students, business...
- A couple of exercises for teaching about advertising. Lutz, William // Curriculum Review;Apr96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, Shop Talk for Teachers p2
Provides suggestions on how to inoculate students against advertising. Presentation of the underlying appeals and arguments of the advertisement; Evaluation of the claims of the advertisement; Writing to companies on how to substantiate their claims.
- The incredible shrinking talent pool. // Adweek Western Edition;1/16/95, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the trend in the number of degrees awarded in advertising in the United States in 1994. Decline from previous year.
- A wider focus for ad schools? // Advertising Age;8/17/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 33, p17
Presents a commentary by Sid Bernstein on college courses in advertising. Background of advertising and colleges; Unrealistic slanting of courses; Things have changed since the advertising business has been changing so drastically; Questions for advertising educators; New courses being offered.
- InterAd tackles Merrill Lynch. // Advertising Age International;Oct96, pI12
Focuses on the InterAd hands-on program created by the International Advertising Association and Bozell Worldwide to provide a practical advertising educational experience for undergraduate students around the world.
- Ad school gives industry new blood. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/4/2002, p16
Focuses on the number of students graduating from 4As advertising training school in Hong Kong, China.
- Return to 'full service' agencies calls for joint industry approach. Pringle, Hamish // Precision Marketing;12/14/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p14
Discusses the reasons behind the decision of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising to call for the creation of a single trade body for the industry. Overview of the status of the marketing communications industry; Trends among media agencies; Benefits of the establishment of a trade body.
- Advertising Education. Rotzoll, Kim B.; Barban, Arnold M. // Current Issues & Research in Advertising;1984, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
Provides an overview of advertising education. Results of a survey on college preferences for studying advertising as of June 1984; Establishment of basic patterns and controversies in advertising education; Approach to advertising education between World Wars I and II.