Firms query Labour's virtual-learning plans
- Technology. West, Peter // Education Week;5/25/94, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p10
Reports on developments in the use of technology as educational tools in the United States. GTE Corp.'s plans to provide more that 5 million dollars worth of `education credits' to American schools; Appointment of Dale LaFrenz, president of MECC, as one of the Washington-based Software...
- Untitled. // Technology & Learning;Sep93, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p66
Reports on special prices and promotions for technology products with teaching applications. Pioneer LaserDisc CLD-V2400BC; MECC's 1993-94 membership program with product mix; Knowledge Adventure Inc.'s Software Offering for School (SOS) Program; Celebrate Reading! from The Learning Company and...
- What's new. // Technology & Learning;Sep93, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p70
Presents technology products with teaching applications. PageMaker and Microsoft Works in Your Classroom; Mind Path presentation tools; Grade Level Evaluation (GLE); Panelbook 450; Classnet PC-based networking; More.
- Technology and situated cognition. Kinnaman, Daniel E. // Technology & Learning;Sep93, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p86
Discusses the concept of situated cognition and the importance of technology as a powerful resource for learning. Looking at strategies for teaching and learning; Knowing and doing; One technology product using situated cognition; Dependence of education's future on what we do with technology.
- Virtual schooling: Going the distance--any distance--to school. Mather, Mary Anne // Technology & Learning;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on what schools in the United States (U.S.) are doing to deal with the introduction of technology. Details on the funding of the Virtual High School Cooperative by a Technology Challenge Grant from the U.S. Department of Education; Information on the Grand County School District's...
- Aiming high. Milone, Michael N.; Salpeter, Judy // Technology & Learning;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on happenings in the educational system in the United States and England with emphasis on underchallenged students focusing on technology. How underchallenged students are affected; Reference to what the Anderson Community Technology Now! project is doing; Information on the work of...
- Update: Telecommunications. Mather, Mary Anne // Technology & Learning;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p57
Looks at technology in schools in the United States with emphasis on the Internet. Information on the creation of the Universal Service Fund by the Telecommunications Act; What the Schools and Libraries Corporation did to assist schools in the E-rate process; Information on Web sites which can...
- Building the infrastructure for a 21st century school. Kajioka, Vicki // Technology & Learning;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p68
Highlights a listing of ideas to help communities in the United States with the changes in education with emphasis on technology. Information on staff development programs; Indepth look at some hardware guidelines for establishing software standards; Details on the use of the Internet.
- Tips & pointers. // Technology Connection;Nov97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p7
Offers advice on using technology in education. Creation of puppets through the use of overhead projectors to cast characters onto the screen; Recording spelling lessons on an audiocassette tape; Use of list-serv service.
- A mind-set for the future. Quesada, Arli // Technology Teacher;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the changes brought by using computer and telecommunication technology in education. Expansion of access to knowledge; Student-driven collaborative projects; Challenge for educators.