Misuse of tests leads to unfair recruitment
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;9/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p64
Presents news briefs on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain as of September 2000. Topics to be discussed at the institute's recruitment forum in London, England; Information on the CIPD Web site; Highlights of the psychometrics conference and exhibition...
- How compliant is compliant? Evaluating adherence with breast self-exam positions. Stevens, Vivian M.; Hatcher, Joseph W. // Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Oct94, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p523
Examines the compliance with the three recommended breast self-examination (BSE) positions. Behavioral measure providing information about the type of exam performed during each BSE occasion; Description of the self-examinations; Recommendations for breast cancer screening.
- A case of test-a-phobia. // U+S+ Kids;Apr/May94, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p38
Presents a child's question on the nervousness he experiences when taking a test. Answers from Alex, Christina, Sasha and Sam.
- Another brick in the wall: Horror of tests not forgotten. W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/26/97, Vol. 201 Issue 4, p20
Editorial. Comments on formal tests that inflicts tortures to anybody's school life. Help from books and teacher's teaching; Reasons for incomprehension; Feeling of worthlessness resulting from tricky questions; Applications in business.
- Personality traits can tangibly affect grade. Goldman, Nikkie // San Diego Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p25
Discusses how anxiety and study attitudes can affect performance during tests and examinations. Objectives of professional examinations; Percentage of applicants who passed the California real estate sales examinations; Advantages of a relaxed mind.
- Relation between order of completion and performance on timed examinations. Wierzbicki, Michael // Psychological Reports;Apr94, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p411
Examines the relationship between time or order of completion and test performance. Study of 116 students of Developmental Psychology and Behavior Problems of Children; Lack of consistent relation between time of completion and test performance.
- Examination dreams. Halliday, G. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct93, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p489
Studies students' examination dreams. Typical examination dream reflecting a fear of an anticipated event rather than just a memory and reassurance of a past one; Examination as a success when the dream was one of past supporting the reassurance interpretation.
- Situational specificity and generality of test behaviors for samples of normal and referred... Glutting, Joseph J.; Youngstrom, Eric A. // School Psychology Review;1996, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p94
Examines through three approaches the uses of observations generated during testing. Quantitative synthesis of available research literature; Study conducted with a nationally representative sample of children; Study completed with children referred for psychoeducational evaluations; Insights...
- Easing Student Exam Anxiety. Altermatt, Ellen R.; Pomerantz, Eva M. // Education Digest;Apr2003, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p20
The article presents a summary of the article "Easing Student Exam Anxiety" published in the March/April 2003 issue of "Principal."