- Etera's production facility bought. // American Nurseryman;12/1/2001, Vol. 194 Issue 11, p14
Reports the acquisition of the production assets of Etera Corp. by Northwest Horticulture LLC in Mount Vernon, Washington. Method of Etera in producing various perennials; Bankruptcy filing of Etera Corp.; Target population of the acquisition on growers.
- Enhancing Perennial Production. Pilon, Paul // GPN: Greenhouse Product News;Sep2011, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the techniques and guidelines to promote perennial production. It explains several methods to improve quality of plants enhance branching and flowering in select perennials including the use of labeled surfactant, spray timing, and configure applications. Also cited are the...
- Pollen and water limitation in Astragalus scaphoides, a plant that flowers in alternate years. Crone, Elizabeth E.; Lesica, Peter // Oecologia;Sep2006, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p40
Mast seeding is common in plant populations, but its causes have rarely been tested experimentally. We tested mechanisms of alternate-year flowering and fruit set in an iteroparous, bee-pollinated, herbaceous plant, Astragalus scaphoides, in semi-arid sagebrush steppe. Patterns of reproduction...
- Summer splits. Clayton, Phil // Garden;Jun2007, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p384
The article suggests a method for the division of garden perennials. Summer is believed to be an optimal time for separating plant roots and propagating in new pots. Peter Thompson is considered to be a propagation expert and recommends dividing roots during June and July. Photographs are included.
- Functional groups and dispersal strategies as guides for predicting vegetation dynamics on reclaimed mines. Alday, Josu; Pallavicini, Y�sica; Marrs, Rob; Mart�nez-Ruiz, Carolina // Plant Ecology;Nov2011, Vol. 212 Issue 11, p1759
The development of species richness and plant cover through time are two important measures that are often used to assess success in land reclamation schemes. We expand this approach by considering functional groups in terms of life-history traits and dispersal strategies, as important...
- Determination of the Effect of C4 Pastures to Reduce Nitrate-N leaching. Hasson, Ahmed; Wiley, Tim // Agriculture & Biology Journal of North America;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p9
There is a strong presumption that perennial pastures will have a positive impact on catchment hydrology by reducing salinity risk associated with rising groundwater, as well as other benefits such as nutrient recycling. Water balance study is concers the effect of pastures on the nitrate-N...