Daily doses of tax news
- INFOexpress Linking and De-linking Facility. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p51
Focuses on INFOexpress, the interactive voice response system of IRD, which provides a range of services for tax agents. Information on INFOexpress touch-tone phone service; Significance of linking and de-linking facility of INFOexpress.
- Internet uses for tax practice. Yancey, William F.; Spindle, Roxanne M. // CPA Journal;Nov96, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p16
Provides an update of Internet technology and its uses for acquiring tax related information. Addresses or uniform resource locators for tax law, Federal and state tax forms and vendors of tax related materials on the World Wide Web; Details on how practitioners can use home pages of other tax...
- Internet offers some tax help. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;04/07/97, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p27
Reports on the availability of Internet sites that can help taxpayers with their taxes especially in beating the deadline for filing. Includes Zip 2; The Essential Link to Taxes; 1-800-FILE-TAX; Tax Hell; Absence of penalties in taxes paid through deductions withheld; Business Web pages in Las...
- INFOexpress. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug1997, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p65
Reports on the availability of INFOexpress, an automated telephone service offering information on taxation issues in New Zealand. Description of how to access INFOexpress.
- A wide net is cast. Skillman, Brad // Accounting Technology;Aug97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on the accessibility of information on tax research on the Internet. Resources available; Comparison with CD-ROMs and online services; User benefits; Concerns on information traffic; Subscription costs; Contact information. INSETS: Information sites foster collaboration.;Web isn't...
- Follow the forms. Stone, Brad; Gajilan, Arlyn Tobias // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/02/98 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 9, p8
Mentions the availability of United States tax forms on the Internet. What is available; How to handle a particular difficulty in loading files; Contact points.
- Follow the forms. Stone, Brad; Gajilan, Arlyn Tobias // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);03/02/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 9, Following p4
Mentions the availability of United States tax forms on the Internet. What is available; How to handle a particular difficulty in loading files; Contact point.
- Virtual tax man. Kirschner, Suzanne Kantra; O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Mar98, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p29
Discusses computer network information on taxes in the United States. Internet resources on tax forms; Filing information; Contact point.
- Seeking tax advice on the Internet. Milne, John // Northern Ontario Business;Apr97, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7A
Relates the author's experiences while seeking advice on personal and business taxes on the Internet. Revenue Canada website; `Tax Fairness and the 1997 Budget,' section in the Department of Finance site; Site on `Abolish income taxes'; Ideas from Citizens for an Alternative Tax System and...