Practice development news
- Don't lose sight of business goals. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Sep97, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Presents reminders on accounting practice in the United States. Information technology as a tool to enable business to achieve its goals; Confusion about technology's role; Importance of business skills.
- Continuing Professional Development. // Credit Management;Aug2003, p9
Reports that the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales is proposing change in approach to Continuing Professional Development. Enhancement of the value of being a professional.
- Time to stand up! Braune, Herald // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p36
Assesses trends in the accounting profession in New Zealand as of October 1997. Major changes; Accounting Technicians's (AT's) membership category in the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand; Contributions of ATs to the Institute.
- Changing role and demand for accounting technicians. McIntosh, Ruth // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p37
Examines the impact of accounting work on the role of Accounting Technicians (ATs) and their employment opportunities in New Zealand. ATs in the business services compliance area; Move away from compliance to advisory work; ATs as an alternative staffing source; Demand for ATs in chartered...
- Professional development. Franks, Geof // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p43
Looks at membership of the College of Accounting Technicians in New Zealand. Mentor training courses; Geographical breakdown of current members; Branch membership.
- Accounting reform. Ferrers, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p80
Presents several developments in the accounting sector of Australia as of October 1997. Includes the development of a corporate law economic reform program; Rights in the taxpayer's charter; Taxation of the Internet.
- Rosy outlook. Mitchell, Ian // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p81
Features several developments in the accounting sector of Great Britain as of October 1997. Includes accountancy practices of medium-sized accountancy firms; Technical discussion document on research and development from the Institute of Chartered Accountants for Scotland; Exposure draft on...
- Information technology. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p79
Reports several developments on information technology and computer applications for chartered accountants in New Zealand as of November 1997. Comments from Mike Jenner; Evaluation of management techniques; Emphasis on the importance of the Internet; Examination of the network computer;...
- Professional development. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p90
Discusses measures for professional development of chartered accountants. Measurement of job performance of professionals; Description of a performance management system; Highlights of performance management; Importance of lifestyle balance; Presentation of achievable lifestyle goals.
- Accountant's boot camp. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p32
Provides information on the Accountant's Boot Camp, a four-day intensive training programme to help accountants transform their practice and their clients' business. Topics covered at the training camp includes marketing, management, leadership and operational ideas; Significance of this...