House committee passes IRS restructuring bill
- IRS restructuring. // Association Management;Nov97, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p8
Reports that the House Ways and Means Committee held hearings concerning the reorganization of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Reference to the H.R. 2292 bill, which would make changes to restructure the IRS.
- House to take up intermediate sanctions bill. // Association Management;May96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p10
Reports from the United States, that the House Ways and Means Committee passed and sent to the House, a bill which would allow the International Revenue Service to impose tax penalties against tax-exempt organizations. Similarities of bill to Bill Clinton's, United States President, proposed...
- House panel recommends intermediate sanctions for IRS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;5/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the House Ways and Means Committee oversight panel's recommendation of intermediate sanctions for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Goal of improving the IRS' enforcement of the ban on private inurement at charitable organizations; List of ten problem areas; Recommendation of ten...
- BUDGET PROPOSAL WOULD REQUIRE MORE DATA FROM ACQUIRING BANKS. // CardLine;4/6/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee did not change a 2008 federal budget proposal that would require acquiring banks to report how much their merchant clients receive in credit card payments. The Internal Revenue Service says the additional information about merchant...
- Groups Urge Vote Against Withholding Requirement. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/13/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33598, p4
The article reports that the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee scheduled a vote on House Resolution (HR) 674 that will revoke tax-law provisions asking governments that have 100 million dollars or more of vendor contracts every year to withhold remit to the Internal Revenue Service.
- 30 Tax-Related Websites to Help Your Practice. Kess, Sidney // National Public Accountant;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p4
The article presents a list of tax-related Web sites. The list includes the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Web site, the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee.
- Tax Debt Collection: Measuring Taxpayer Opinions Regarding Private Collection Agencies: GAO-07-890T. Kutz, Gregory D. // GAO Reports;5/23/2007, p1
Every year the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) does not collect tens of billions of dollars in delinquent taxes. In 2004, Congress authorized IRS to use private collection agencies (PCA) to help collect some of these debts. To ensure that taxpayers are treated properly and that the program...
- GOP puts IRS controversy back into focus at hearing. Becker, Bernie // Hill;9/19/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 105, p4
The article reports on the hearing conducted by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee which focuses on controversies regarding the treatment of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with Tea Party groups.
- Hostile Takeover. Clark, Charles S. // Government Executive;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p35
The article focuses on the meeting that held at the hearing room of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee on June 27, 2013 for discussing the report issued by Danny Werfel, commissioner of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Topics discussed includes leaked information of private taxpayers,...