Ambac strikes deal to acquire Connie Lee
- Insurer, Bondholder Object to San Bernardino Bankruptcy Plan. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2015, p1
Ambac Assurance Corp., in a bankruptcy court filing, says San Bernardino's plan of adjustment is more aspirational than real.
- Council Set Up to Help Ambac Rehab. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/29/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33358, p1
The article reports on the nine-person council of advisers formed by insurance commissioner Sean Dilweg in Wisconsin that would support the efforts to rehabilitate Ambac Assurance Corp.
- Las Vegas Monorail Deal Nears. SASKAL, RICH // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p1
The article reports that investors of Las Vegas Monorail approve the release of 111 million dollars to release Ambac Assurance Corp. from its exposure to defaulted bonds in Alameda, California.
- ALABAMA: Debt Restructuring OK'd. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33836, p5
The article reports that Federal bankruptcy judge Thomas Bennett has approved a negotiated settlement between Jefferson county of Alabama and Ambac Assurance Corp. regarding the debt restructuring of 82.5 million U.S. dollars.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Debt Restructuring. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/27/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33789, p9
The article reports that commissioners of Jefferson County, Alaska have approved a debt restructuring agreement with Ambac Assurance Corp. to reduce annual payments of revenue warrants.
- Ambac names Okin to head underwriting. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;12/07/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30534, p44
Reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. promoted company executive Thea Okin to replace Shelly Stein as managing director of underwriting, following Stein's announcement of her plans to retire by the end of December 1998.
- Hercules Settles Lawsuit. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;3/13/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33678, p1
The article reports on the four million dollars settlement of Hercules, California with Ambac Assurance Corp. for the alleged illegal transferring of the 4.1 million dollars by the Hercules Redevelopment Agency to the city in December 2011.
- Hint: Not 'Garbage' Lepro, Sara; Berry, Kate; Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;1/27/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 15, p10
The article discusses the use of a certain profane term in an email connected to a legal case involving Ambac Assurance Corp.
- Ambac Pays Claim After Wilkes-Barre Authority Defaults on Debt Payment. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p4
Reports that in the U.S., Ambac Assurance Corp. has paid a multi-million dollar claim to cover the interest payment on taxable guaranteed revenue bonds issued in 1998 by the Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, Redevelopment Authority. Comments of an Ambac executive regarding the rare occurrence of such...