Authority's road deal blazes trail for Florida
- New Orleanians play and build along Florida's 30-A. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/22/98, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p15
Opinion. Focuses on the popularity of a county highway in the Florida panhandle. Increase in the number of residential developments throughout the panhandle; Construction of a restaurant with a deference to New Orleans cuisine.
- BUGS AND BOGS AND IMMORTAL BASS. Levin, Dan // Sports Illustrated;02/22/1971, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p36
The article features Saint Vincent Island, located off Florida's northwest coast, and its fishing scene. The island is described as weird, a fisherman's fantasy, local chamber of horrors, crawls with witches' brew of scorpions, spiders, rattlesnakes and water moccasins. A unique quality of Saint...
- Bound and Determined. // National Geographic Traveler;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p129
Presents a quiz which deals with the tourist trade around the world. Road that connects Key West to mainland Florida; Geographical process which formed the Great Lakes; Name of Germany's leading port.
- Florida total-loss legislation passes House. // South Texas Automotive Report;Apr2012, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the Florida House's approval of an amendment to House Bill 885 which would eliminate the 80 percent threshold for a total-loss vehicle to receive a certificate of destruction, allowing potentially unsafe vehicles to branded as "repairable" and put back on the roads.
- Florida DOT, Federal Transportation Officials Cut Ribbon on Tampa Connector Project. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;1/3/2014, p4
The article reports on the inauguration of Tampa Connector highway by the Department of Transport (DOT) in Florida.
- Slicing more than oranges. // Roads & Bridges;Dec98, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on a slab of pavement sliced out of Florida's 1-75 which revealed layers of displacement and the residual effects of high stress in the displacement of aggregates along assumed stress lines. Details on Florida's rutting problems; Search for a solution; Information on trenching, one tool...
- TRANSPORTING FLORIDA FORWARD. NEWBY, JOSH // Pensacola Magazine;Dec2015, p53
The article discusses the highway system of Northwest Florida under the management of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) with the Florida-Alabama Transportation Planning Organization (TPO).
- SITTING IN THE SUNSHINE. // Saturday Evening Post;4/1/1939, Vol. 211 Issue 40, p18
The article focuses on the developments of the tourism industry in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Tourist traffic to Florida during postwar tends to divide. East coast part are taken by wealthier and sportier customers, while, the quieter middle-class group consisting mostly of old people, are...
- Auditor reproves estimates. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/10/94, Vol. 233 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the numerous problems of Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) cost estimating process for highway construction. Report from Auditor General Charles L. Lester; Comparison of FDOT's situation to that of other states; Recommendations from the report.