Will Dain Rauscher's muni unit do well? The firm says yes; others aren't so sure
- Dain expands services, swoops down on specialty firms. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p28
Focuses on municipal bond underwriting firm Dain Rauscher Inc. Company background; Company's efforts to expand its public finance operations.
- Dain pushes for global settlement. Hume, Lunn // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p1
Reports on Dain Rauscher Inc.'s efforts to negotiate a settlement with the United States Securities & Exchange Commission and other federal agencies to resolve yield-burning charges in connection with negotiated advanced refunding municipal bond deals done by its predecessor firms. Range of the...
- Southeast bond-watch. Whalen, Robert; Kinnander, Ola; Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;01/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30816, p27
Reports on news briefs about municipal bonds in the Southwestern states as of January 27, 2000. Includes the appointment of executive Dale Henderson to handle the municipal derivatives department of Dain Rauscher Inc.'s office in Dallas, Texas; Provisions in Governor Jeb Bush's budget proposal...
- Upstate County Issues. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p33
Reports on the plan of two upstate New York counties to sell general obligation (GO) bond and bond anticipation notes in April 2004. Negotiated sale of GO refunding bonds by Broome County with RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. as senior manager; Competitive sale of public improvement bonds by Oneida County.
- Dain Rauscher faults SEC for imposing new markup standards. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p7
Asserts that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission should consider writing markup rules instead of trying to retroactively impose new standards on Dain Rauscher Inc. and other municipal dealers. Court case over alleged yield-burning abuses; Securities fraud charges filed against...
- Risky Debt? It's All Relative. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p1
Reports that airport-backed municipal bonds are not as risky as other high-yield investments in the United States, according to brokerage RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. Reduced air traffic levels; Brokerage's recommendation that its retail clients can invest in airport-backed bonds to boost their...
- Recent merger gives Dain Rauscher greater local leverage. Prieto, Wilfredo // Caribbean Business;3/12/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
Reports that the merger by Dain Rauscher Incorporated will give the company greater leverage to do business in Puerto Rico. When the company was established; What the company is seeking to do; Comments from Michael R. Kavanagh, senior vice president and regional director of public finance for...
- Dain Takes Earnings Hit. // On Wall Street;Jan1999, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the corporate profit posted by Dain Rauscher Corp. in the fourth-quarter of 1998. Litigation costs of the company during the period; Information on the legal settlement it entered.
- Nonrated tourism, solid-waste issues offer rare value in sea of insured bonds. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p8
Reports on nonrated and triple-B credit issues offered by some underwriters in both the primary and secondary bond markets. Dain Rauscher Inc.'s re-pricing of its Burnsville, Minnesota commercial-development revenue refunding; Charlton County, Georgia's solid-waste disposal revenue issue; High...