With nowhere to go, prices go nowhere
- Municipals finish down 3/8 to 1/2, as treasury prices take a plunge. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30800, p2
Reports on the decrease in municipal bond points in the United States on January 3, 1999 in light of the government market sell-off due to the Year 2000 problem. Quiet dealings with sporadic activity of traders in the secondary market; Developments in the dollar bond trading and treasury cash...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p28
Presents charts depicting market trading in the U.S. Data on municipal bond index; Prices of treasury bills; Outline of total returns of municipal market.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p28
Presents statistics on municipal bonds and securities prices in the United States. Municipal bond index; Bond Buyer Revenue Bond Index; Treasury Bills; Treasury Notes and Bonds; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p37
Presents charts and graphs depicting bond market statistics in the United States as of 2001. Amount of estimated and actual negotiated bonds for the weekly schedule; Municipal bond indexes for the daily schedule; Bidding prices for the treasuring bills and notes.
- Treasuries fall, take munis along; dealers seeking 'January effect'. Polyak, Ilana; Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;01/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30551, p2
Assesses the performance of municipal bonds vis-a-vis Treasury bills in the United States. Enhanced demand for municipals from seasonal flow of redemptions and coupon payments; Money market outflows despite reinvestment cash flow.
- Muni Prices Weaken as Mass., Seattle Deals Sell. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;6/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34331, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds finished weaker on Tuesday, as several big deals came to market led by the $937 million general obligation bond deal from the state of Massachusetts ion the negotiated sector and the $172 million offering from Seattle, Wash., in the competitive arena.
- Muni Indexes Outperform Treasuries. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F312, p1
Statistics are presented related to average yield to maturity of U.S. Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index as of March 20, 2014 which includes the increase in 20 Bond General Obligation Index, rise in Bond Buyer's Revenue Bond Index to 5.3 percent and rise in the yields on U.S. Treasury's 10-year note.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, April 7. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p2
Presents tables highlighting the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 7, 2004. Growth of the U.S. import price index in March 2004; Increase consumer credit in February 2004; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Municipals Firm; $1.6 Billion in Major New Deals Come to Market. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31801, p2
Reports on the performance of the U.S. securities markets as of January 15, 2004. Municipal bond issues; Attractiveness of treasury bills for investors; Decline in the producer price index.