With nowhere to go, prices go nowhere
- Municipals finish down 3/8 to 1/2, as treasury prices take a plunge. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30800, p2
Reports on the decrease in municipal bond points in the United States on January 3, 1999 in light of the government market sell-off due to the Year 2000 problem. Quiet dealings with sporadic activity of traders in the secondary market; Developments in the dollar bond trading and treasury cash...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p28
Presents charts depicting market trading in the U.S. Data on municipal bond index; Prices of treasury bills; Outline of total returns of municipal market.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p37
Presents charts and graphs depicting bond market statistics in the United States as of 2001. Amount of estimated and actual negotiated bonds for the weekly schedule; Municipal bond indexes for the daily schedule; Bidding prices for the treasuring bills and notes.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p28
Presents statistics on municipal bonds and securities prices in the United States. Municipal bond index; Bond Buyer Revenue Bond Index; Treasury Bills; Treasury Notes and Bonds; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields.
- Treasuries fall, take munis along; dealers seeking 'January effect'. Polyak, Ilana; Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;01/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30551, p2
Assesses the performance of municipal bonds vis-a-vis Treasury bills in the United States. Enhanced demand for municipals from seasonal flow of redemptions and coupon payments; Money market outflows despite reinvestment cash flow.
- Muni Prices Weaken as Mass., Seattle Deals Sell. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;6/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34331, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds finished weaker on Tuesday, as several big deals came to market led by the $937 million general obligation bond deal from the state of Massachusetts ion the negotiated sector and the $172 million offering from Seattle, Wash., in the competitive arena.
- Muni Indexes Outperform Treasuries. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F312, p1
Statistics are presented related to average yield to maturity of U.S. Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index as of March 20, 2014 which includes the increase in 20 Bond General Obligation Index, rise in Bond Buyer's Revenue Bond Index to 5.3 percent and rise in the yields on U.S. Treasury's 10-year note.
- Munis Unchanged, But With a Firmer Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32941, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market in the U.S. According to a trader in Los Angeles, there is a firmer tone, but not a lot of business. The consumer price index increased by 0.8%. Some gains were shown by The Treasury market and the yield on the benchmark 10-year...
- Munis End Weaker Despite Treasuries; Large Seller Circulates With Up to$1B. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of March 2005. Estimation of the amount of bonds for sale; Decline in the consumer price index; Extension of the Treasury's gains.