Proposed $300 million L.A. arena project moves ahead
- Biathalon yes, bobsled no. Hutchinson, Brian // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/13/94, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p33
Alleges that bureaucratic bungling is to blame for a series of sports facilities in Calgary that are currently seeing little or no use. Thoughts about the Canada Olympic Park (COP); Moves by the federal government in Ottawa.
- After long delays, Sport Arena opens. Olah, Peter // Budapest Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the opening of the Budapest Sports Arena after months of negotiations and disputes between developer and the government. Attendance of government officials during the opening ceremony; Ownership by the sports committee of the Hungarian parliament.
- One swing, one course. Stachura, Mike // Golf Digest;Apr94, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the holding of a golf tournament for which the prize is the golf course. Bob-O-Link Golf & Swim Club in Kentucky; Option to take one million in cash instead of the club; Entry fee.
- $1 million indoor sports facility underway in Jefferson Parish. McClain, Randy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/16/95, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p1
Reports on construction of $1 million indoor sports facility in Jefferson Parish. ATEC Grand Slam U.S.A. franchise; Teamup among University of New Orleans athletic director Ronald J. Maestri, Minnesota Twins outfielder Randy Bush and Metaiie businessman Richard Englander Jr.
- Ice at Fishers Forum to ease space crunch. Schneider, A.J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p9A
Focuses on developments related to the opening of the Fishers Forum sports center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Impact on other ice-skating centers; Difficulties in paying the mortgage on the building.
- Park in progress. // Inside Tucson Business;05/26/97, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p23
Presents a photograph of a sports center under construction in Tucson, Arizona. Selection of the site as the spring training home of the Chicago White Sox baseball team and the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The Bob Rodale Cycling & Fitness Park. Zukowski, Stan // Bicycling;Feb95, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p23
Announces the October 1994 opening of the Bob Rodale Cycling and Fitness Park located next to the Lehigh County Velodrome in Pennsylvania. How this park fulfills the dream of Bob Rodale, the late chairman of Rodale Press; Features of the 100-acre park; Information on how to receive a PBS...
- Charlotte. Harrison, Mark // Bicycling;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p32
The article presents information on the best places for cycling in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Team spirit. Hudson, Terese // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 23, p26
Reports on the cooperation between the Lima, Ohio, Memorial Hospital and the Lima Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) to construct a joint sports medicine complex. Formation of a corporation to own the building and lease it to the hospital and the YMCA; Advantages of the team-up for the...
- Build it. Mitnick, Jim // Executive Report;Mar1996, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p68
Presents author's assertion that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is need of a sports complex. Possible future role of the complex as an anchor for development in the city's downtown area; Site options; Author's recommendations.