Proposed $300 million L.A. arena project moves ahead
- Biathalon yes, bobsled no. Hutchinson, Brian // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/13/94, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p33
Alleges that bureaucratic bungling is to blame for a series of sports facilities in Calgary that are currently seeing little or no use. Thoughts about the Canada Olympic Park (COP); Moves by the federal government in Ottawa.
- Bob Rodale Cycling & Fitness Park. // Bicycling;Jul93, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p16
Discusses how construction will begin on Bob Rodale Cycling & Fitness Park this summer. Nearly 100 acres of woodland containing a pair of one-mile paved loops; Available for recreational riding and criterium racing; Adjacent to Lehigh County Velodrome, built from land and money donated by...
- Disney dealing. // Business News New Jersey;08/07/96, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p3
Reports that Walt Disney World hired Integrated Sports International, a sports marketing company in East Rutherford, New Jersey, to serve as its agent in getting sponsors for its International Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. When the complex was expected to open; Spring training...
- 72 suites, 3,000 new seats to keep the home team. Rosenbaum, David // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/28/97, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p33
Features the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in California. Number of seats added to the sports facility; Estimated cost of the renovations made on the coliseum; Funding sources of the project; Changes made in the old interior of the facility.
- MCI Center integrates urban neighborhood. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/28/97, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the construction of the MCI Center located in Washington, D.C. Access problems faced by contractors; Factors contributing to the delay on the construction project; Soil remediation efforts made; Estimated cost of the project; Challenges faced on the erection of the steel roof;...
- Giant Sportsplex planned. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/13/97, Issue 322211, p1
Reports on plans for THEZONE Sportsplex in Fresno, California. Diagram illustrating the location of the proposed facility; Planned features; Project groundbreaking expected before the end of 1997.
- Hardwood Courts Are In Session. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the Courthouse Athletic Centers (CAC) in Michigan. Advantages of CAC from other courthouses; Business strategy of owners Mike Spontelli and Mark Marlowe; Target market of the courthouses.
- Batter up! Sellers, Amy Jackson // Louisville Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p11
Talks about the sport activities offered at Southern Sports Recreation Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Batting cages; Virtual jungle of basketball goals; Driving range; Water wars; Contact information.
- Oasis on the Hudson. Csatari, Jeffrey // Men's Health;May96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p33
Features the highlight of the New York, New York-based Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex. Includes world's longest indoor running track; 200-yard driving range; Two full size in-line skating rinks.
- What explains the stadium construction boom. Baade, Robert A. // Real Estate Issues;Winter96, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
Looks at the influence of structural changes in the economy of the United States, which have influenced the demand for sports stadiums, and arenas coupled with state and local government strategies for raising revenues. Criticisms leveled to owners, and players; Risks involved in mass expansion.