Report on utility deregulation's tax impact stirs up a debate
- JTC opposes IRS' rules on utilities' tax-exempt status. Kinnander, Ola; Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p1
Reports on the United States Congress Joint Committee on Taxation's opposition to the US Internal Revenue Service regulations that give municipal utilities some freedom to compete in a deregulated electric market without jeopardizing the tax-exempt status of their bonds. Tax status of municipal...
- A committee gets it right and left. Shear, Jeff // National Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p1850
Examines the criticisms that Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation chief of staff Kenneth J. Kies has been receiving from the Republican, the Democrats and the press. Rejection by Kies of a supply-side approach to revenue scoring; Absence of provision on the refundability of a child family...
- `Blue Book' explaining 1998 tax legislation issued. // Practical Accountant;Jan99, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p16
Announces the availability of a Blue Book from the Joint Committee on Taxation to explain tax legislation enacted in the United States in 1998. Laws explained; Order information.
- Congressman Dana Rohrabacher Receives Joint Committee on Taxation Analysis of H.R. 692. // ESOP Report;Jul2010, p6
The article reports on a letter received by Congressman Dana Rohrabacher of California from the Joint Committee on Taxation estimating the revenue effect of House Rule (H.R.) 692 introduced on January 26, 2009.
- Cost estimate lowered for raising volume cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p6
Focuses on the decrease in the estimate of the United States Joint Committee on Taxation on the cost of pending legislation to raise the private-activity bond volume limits in the year 2000.
- Utilities players cool heels waiting for Congress' joint tax panel report. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;07/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30188, p4
Focuses on the delay in the release of a report by the US Congress' Joint Tax Committee comparing tax subsidies allocated to public power and investor-owned utilities. Senator Frank H. Murkowski's request for the report to determine whether the existing tax law gives a competitive advantage to...
- Make monied `moochers' pay. Baucus, Max // Christian Science Monitor;7/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 167, p20
Opinion. Talks about the issue of tax compliance and evasion in the US. Report by the Joint Tax Committee staff; Details.
- Business should pay attention to detail re: foreign payees. Roth III, William F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/11/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p9
The article provides information on a report released by the U.S. Joint Committee on Taxation which discusses the U.S. taxation rules on income earned by foreign payees.
- Romney's jobs, tax plans lack details. Firestone, David // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;8/30/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p11B
The article reports that the tax plans worth 1.3 trillion dollars, presented by Republican, Mitt Romney to the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation lacks details in the U.S.