- Working life. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Aug97, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p95
Presents unusual stories about working life. Encounter between a senior citizen and a robber at a roadside produce stand; Drowning of six people trying to save a chicken; Work ethics at Patagonia; Work attitudes of Heaven's Gate members; Benefits of coffee breaks.
- Work Life? Grayson, Mary // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 21, p8
Discusses the idea of work life. Survey on stories about work days that will live in infamy; Categories of situations in which work life tends to go wrong.
- The Career/Longevity Connection. Borman, Christopher A. // Adultspan: Theory Research & Practice;Fall2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p71
The premise of the Career/Longevity Connection is that engaging in meaningful work enhances one's life expectancy. According to D. Mahoney and R. Restak (1998), to live longer, people must develop a longevity attitude. Proven intervention strategies are given for use with adults engaged in...
- FACULTY WORKLIFE: Establishing Benchmarks Across Groups. Johnsrud, Linda K.; Heck, Ronald H. // Research in Higher Education;Oct98, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p539
Pressures on colleges and universities have spawned numerous studies to improve our understanding of faculty and their worklives, including examinations of faculty satisfaction, morale, motivation and productivity, reward, and retention and turnover. In response to external pressures for...
- The courage to create. Taylor, Susan // Essence (Essence);Mar1997, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p67
Editorial. Provides ways on how to create meaningful and productive lives. How to work at creating balance in one's life; Building an enterprise; Becoming a computer-literate; Spending money wisely; Others.
- Avoiding work-life pitfalls. // Employee Benefits;Aug2003, p03
Cites ways to avoid work-life pitfalls. Investing sufficient resources and time in the work-life strategies; Use of positive leadership and a work-life strategy champion to encourage acceptance of work-life balance issues; Publication of internal success stories.
- New worklife estimates reflect changing profile of labor force. Smith, Shirley J. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar82, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p15
Examines the trends in the work life expectancies of employees in the U.S. Civilian labor force participation rates by sex and age in 1970 and 1977; Worklife expectancies of total population and of active and inactive persons by age and sex in 1977; Changes in life and worklife expectancies by...
- Reflections on Riding Roller Coasters. Murray, Jimmy // PC FAB;Nov2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p48
Shares an overview of the author's working life and career. Engineering; Retail merchant; Reporter on the U.S. electronics industry.
- Life and livelihood. Miller, Barbara E. // Executive Excellence;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on the integration of life and work to improve the organizational culture. Assumptions about work and the ideal worker as counterproductive to the achievement of business goals; Implementation of work-life process; Alteration of traditional assumptions and work processes to support...