Strong HRM of the law
- In the line of fire. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p11
Reports on the management of the recruitment problems by personnel director Joe Stewart at the Police Service of Northern Ireland. Recruitment campaign with a series of radio and television campaigns; Implementation of the Good Friday Agreement provision; Solution to the problems of high...
- Top job. // Personnel Today;6/18/2002, p24
Focuses on the career of Neil Jones, a director for human resource at Dyfed Powys Police in Wales. Career history; Job responsibilities; Family background.
- JUST THE JOB FOR THE DIVERSITY BOOST. // People Management;6/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the effort of the Great Britain Metropolitan Police to call on human resource professionals from ethnic minorities to help improve its diversity, as of June 2003. Percentage of the police force that are from ethnic backgrounds; Benefits posed by the initiative to individuals and...
- WALKING TO THE BEAT. Jayne, Vicki // New Zealand Management;Sep2005, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p38
Features inspector Russell Gibson, human resource manager for the Central Police District in New Zealand and recipient of the 2005 Equal Employment Opportunity Trust's Walk the Talk Award, and his effort to mitigate the impact of stress on his staff, his family and himself. Characteristics of...
- HUMBERSIDE POLICE: Career history. // Corporate Adviser;Dec2010, p39
The article presents a brief profile of Humberside Police senior human resource (HR) manager John Robinson. It says that he began as a work-study engineer in Pyrex, which he later developed into personnel consulting, and started as a principal personnel officer at Humberside Police in 1990. It...
- COMPLETE THIS SENTENCEâ€¦. // People Management;11/19/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p62
The article highlights the views of Peter Hetherington, recruitment manager at Pension Protection Fund, on various issues. Hetherington said that he could be a police detective if he was not in human resource (HR) management. He described his most embarrassing experience at work. He also cited...
- Distinguished members of the `HR 2008' panel. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p53
Presents human resource professionals who were consulted by the periodical `Workforce' to predict human resource trends for year 2008. Includes Dennis Blair of GTE Technology and Systems; Bonnie Hathcock of US Airways; Bob Peixotto of L.L. Bean Inc.
- People and posts. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p13
Announces the executives' post related to personnel development in Britain. Members of the council of the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration; Grant McEwan's job at Kendals department store in Manchester; Responsibilities of Chris Howard as head of corporate services at English Tourist...
- A new profile for Polish personnel. Vrotecka, Irmina // People Management;7/27/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p36
Relates the author's experience as a personnel manager in Poland. Where she obtain her legal background of personnel; Training policy of the company where she work; Three types of company in Poland which human resource managers operate.