HR taking the lead in choosing IT systems
- HR software spending holds up. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/29/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 26, p19
The article reports on the survey by Towers Perrin on the issues that affect the personnel departments of companies which include insurance and compensation. The study shows that 36 % of the surveyed companies stated that they cut their expenses on HR technology, 43% maintains their annual...
- How can I update my HR process and save money? Walsh, Brendan // Director;Jul/Aug2012, p30
The article provides an answer to the question of how to improve efficiency and reduce costs in the human resources department of a company with the use of computer software and automation.
- Tools to the Rescue! Grensing-Pophal, Lin // Credit Union Management;Dec2013, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p28
The article focuses on technology and online resources available for credit union (CU) human resource (HR) professionals. According to CU expert Steve Swanston, economic downturn has forced payroll to integrate with benefits and it mentions that the law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP has introduced...
- Controlling project creep. Wreden, Nick // Network World;8/27/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p58
Explains the functions of workforce management software (WMS) in tracking costs, projects and staffing requirements of information technology (IT) departments. Application of WMS at Ferguson Enterprises; Importance of implementing WMS with skills inventory.
- Mad about technology? Blame it on personnel. Baillie, John // People Management;11/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p51
Argues that personnel departments should be leading on implementing information technology (IT) because computers are only as good as the people who operate them. Comparison of the efficiency of traditional office procedures with those affected by IT; Role of human resources departments in IT...
- How can an IT network crash become an employment law issue? // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Oct2012, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p4
The article focuses on the importance of the documentation of information technology (IT) network crash by human resource (HR) department as a documentary evidence in litigation, relative to the case Omogbehin v. Cino, et al.
- Information technology is boosting staffing. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the increasing number of personnel departments that rely on information technology for staffing process, according to a survey by SHL Group of North America. Uses of information technology rated as the most important by respondents; SHL Group Chief Executive Officer Paul Cholak's...
- JOBS OF THE future. Schmidt, Lucinda // BRW;11/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p62
Asserts that human resource management-related positions will become the most important jobs in the future as of November 24, 2000. Growth in importance of knowledge management for companies' business operations; Decline in importance of information technology jobs. INSET: YOUR NEW CAREER..
- Careering towards a crisis? Murphy, Claire // Director;Oct2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p82
Focuses on human resources (HR) management in Great Britain. Impact of information technology on HR; Description of HR people; Challenge for HR department across Great Britain. INSETS: HR strategy and the small business;The solution provider;HR strategy and customer relations.