HR advised to combat staff gangs
- PREVENTING WORKPLACE VIOLENCE. Wolf, Shannon; Neuharth, Christine // Orange County Business Journal;9/14/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 37, pA.24
The article focuses on the importance of preventing violence in workplaces in the U.S. It discusses the enforcement of workplace violence policies and pre-employment screening which are critical in avoiding negligent hiring or retention of lawsuits. It suggests how employers can maintain safe...
- Violence poser hits home for US employers. // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p11
Discusses the incidence of violence in United States workplaces. Study of the Society for Human Resource Management regarding the issue; Preventive measures made by United States employers as response to the problem; Common causes of work-based violence.
- Workplace violence not only severe problem to business... // Insurance Advocate;06/20/98, Vol. 109 Issue 25, p30
Reports that workplace violence is not only a severe problem to many American businesses, but one that is increasing in frequency according to the Society for Human Resources Management. Percentage of businesses that have reported incidents of workplace violence since 1994; Method of protecting...
- Employers can't look away from workplace violence. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce (10928332);Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p68
Discusses the threat of workplace violence. Findings of the 1999 Society for Human Resource Management's survey on workplace violence; Information on employer's liability for workplace violence; Behaviors or risk factors that employers should watch for; How to prevent workplace violence.
- Preventing workplace violence. Lanfranchi, Mimi // Office Professional;Nov2010, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses the prevalence of workplace violence in the U.S. It notes that many workplace violence experts believe that overall violence in the workplace has been rising because of the recession. It reports on the study from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health...
- 11 guidelines for preventing and addressing workplace violence. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;May2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p4
The article presents the 11 guidelines for addressing and preventing violence in the workplace. It notes that homicide has been the leading cause of death for women in the workplace based from the data of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. It cites some of the guidelines including banning...
- tighter employee screening. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Report on the results of the survey conducted by Society for Human Resource Management on the attitude of human resource professionals toward security management in the workplace in the U.S. Concerns of human resource professionals on workplace violence; Prevalence of respondents practicing...
- How to make the workplace safer. Fowler, Alan // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p38
Explains how organizations can take a systematic approach in creating a safer work environment. Key stages in the process of assessing and controlling risks; How to identify hazards in the workplace; Making risk assessments by rating hazards.
- It's the culture, stupid. Eckenfelder, Donald J. // Occupational Hazards;Jun97, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p41
Explains how to have long-term success in safety in the workplace. Lessons for the safety professional; Information on suggested values and maturity levels for the working environment; Test to determine value of a company.