- BA man seeks new Pop I-dole. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2002, Issue 2503, p24
Talks about Flop Idle, the scheme proposed in British Airways PLC, wherein employees would vote 'Pop Idol'-style on who to make redundant. Price of phone votes; Reason for the proposed scheme.
- Safe in whose hands? // New Scientist;05/02/98, Vol. 158 Issue 2132, p3
Editorial. Suggests that improvements are needed to the Great Britain Atomic Energy Authority's police as of May 1998. Results from a exercise designed to test the Dounreay nuclear plant's security by Anthony Pointer, chief of the armed force whose job it is to safeguard nuclear installations...
- Nuclear power one, wave power zero. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov/Dec1995, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p8
Reports on Great Britain Atomic Energy Authority's move to delay the project of towing the first commercial wave-powered generator to a position off the coast of Scotland.
- Nuclear loss. // New Scientist;1/4/92, Vol. 133 Issue 1802, p8
Reports that the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority has ruled out any breach of security at its Dounreay nuclear site where ten kilograms of enriched uranium is still missing. A second stock take of the authority's fissionable material is likely to reveal that the error was a book-keeping...
- Harwell joins NNC. // Professional Engineering;01/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the contracts awarded by Great Britain's Atomic Energy Authority for the decommissioning of a site used for handling radioactive materials.
- BA pays the price for its air of indifference. Hutton, Will // Personnel Today;8/5/2003, p13
The unofficial walkout of British Airways PLC (BA) ground service staff at Heathrow, England with all its attendant damage was a salutary warning to the airline industry and everybody beyond. Had BA management had the slightest hint that the enforced introduction of swipe cards would lead to...
- Employee relations. // People Management;6/11/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p11
Presents news briefs on employee relations. Information about a study on employee involvement in total quality management; Launching of British Airways' support line for employees; Findings of a survey conducted by the Employment Service.
- NEWS FROM THE WEB. // People Management;7/1/2010, p10
This section offers news briefs on human resources (HR) including the lack of sleep by workers according to a Travelodge survey, the selection of Anne Minto as non-executive director and chair of the remuneration committee at pharmaceuticals company Shire, and the agreement reached between...
- Plant shut on safety grounds. // International Power Generation;Oct98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
Announces the temporary closure of the Dounreay nuclear complex in Scotland due to safety problems according to the report of the United Kingdom. Criticisms against the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority, operator of the plant; Areas in the plant with faulty mechanisms; Factors which...