CEOs want a more strategic function
- chapter 4: Business Environment. // Argentina Business Forecast Report;2006 3rd Quarter, p28
The article discusses the impact of the Business Monitor International global monitoring service on the economic performance of business enterprises in Argentina.
- A second industrial revolution. Urban, Glen L. // Across the Board;Feb95, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p56
Forecasts trends in United States companies for the year 2005. Need for complete mastery of survival skills; Risk management requirements; Changes in organizational structures; Need for continuous learning; Creativity as a differentiating factor; Need for innovators and leaders.
- The earnings estimator. // Equities;Jan1995, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p44
Forecasts earnings of business enterprises in the United States for 1995. United Waste Systems; LaserMaster Technologies; Shuffle Master; Supertel Hospitality; Genesis Health Ventures; Coast Distribution.
- Forecasting practices in Mexican companies. Duran, Jorge A.; Flores, Benito E. // Interfaces;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p56
A survey of firms in Mexico shows that many companies make limited use of modern forecasting methods. The forecasting techniques used in the US and included in the survey are little known or used by the reporting Mexican companies. This is in spite of the fact that business forecasting has been...
- This Week's Good News. // Inside Tucson Business;7/26/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the weather forecast for the Tucson, Arizona area which could implicate optimism for the businesses in the area.
- Scenarios for the future. Perrottet, Charles M. // Management Review;Jan96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p43
Reports that the business environment has an unpredictable future. How managers respond to these challenges; Use of group effort as technique. INSET: Workbook..
- Knowing the Unknowable. Davidson, Lawrence S. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct89, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p2
We must remember that forecasters tend to be right as rarely as the rest of us, and run our businesses accordingly. We all make decisions whose consequences are affected by future events. If we could forecast the future with accuracy, then we would look pretty good to our family, friends, and...
- More than a talking point. // Management Today;Aug1997, p18
Discusses how businesses in Great Britain can benefit from paying attention to weather forecasts. Role played by weather in determining both profit margins and worker safety; Comments from Andy Yeatman, spokesman for the Meteorological Office; How weather forecast can protect employees' lives.
- chapter 4: Business Environment. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2006 Quarter3, p27
The article discusses the condition of the business environment in Hungary.